Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:53 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,358,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Jesus said I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE.
NO man comes to the Father but by Me.

~I choose this Path.
No, actually it was the author of Gospel John who wrote those words. We don't really even know with genuine certainty who wrote the Gospel According to John. Unfortunately, in an act of incredible shortsightedness for a man/God, Jesus left us NOTHING written in his own hand. Which leaves you to assume that an anonymous individual who may well have never even met Jesus, but who was putting words into Jesus' mouth decades after Jesus died, had any real knowledge of what Jesus actually said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,154,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
The topic of this thread is directed specifically towards those who hold a vision of world peace. It is not about "how is that going to happen" but "when it happens."

So in your vision of world peace, after world peace has happened, and when we are all living in world peace, do you see it with many religions, or only one religion, or other. Tell us your vision of world peace. Again not HOW that happens, but what it looks like now that it HAS HAPPENED.

I will answer for myself first. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that we are on the brink of world peace and that our children and their children will be the generation that sees it happen and causes it to happen. All people recognize G*d and the miracles that brought us to world peace. However even though G*d is revealed and every person on the planet recognizes G*d the Creator who made us and sustains everything, there are still many different religions and different faiths and different paths for people to celebrate and honor G*d.

This is an exercise in holding a vision for world peace. it is also an indication of the tolerance we have in recognizing there are many paths to G*d.
All worshiping one God.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:17 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,896,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
All worshiping one God.
Or a world where nobody cares which god anyone worships. I mean, some of the worst conflicts in history have occurred because of a disagreement over which 'one god' it should be.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:48 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,104,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
this thread is your vision: world peace and what does it look like with regards to religion (many, one, other).
You are describing peace under a dictator, in this world you are envisioning how is G*d recognized and how many religions are there?
Religion is not a concern of my post, the question was peace. Please do not introduce errata like religion or God.

Peace with dictatorships would enslave billions as it would perpetuate dictators. This may not be the most wonderful thing for humanity.

Until all humanity experiences freedom, we may not have peace.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,896,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Please do not introduce errata like religion or God.

City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

Old 08-14-2017, 06:56 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,175,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
No, actually it was the author of Gospel John who wrote those words. We don't really even know with genuine certainty who wrote the Gospel According to John. Unfortunately, in an act of incredible shortsightedness for a man/God, Jesus left us NOTHING written in his own hand. Which leaves you to assume that an anonymous individual who may well have never even met Jesus, but who was putting words into Jesus' mouth decades after Jesus died, had any real knowledge of what Jesus actually said.
This part of History I believe, sorry you don't.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:24 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,005,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Religion is not a concern of my post, the question was peace. Please do not introduce errata like religion or God.
Peace with dictatorships would enslave billions as it would perpetuate dictators. This may not be the most wonderful thing for humanity.
Until all humanity experiences freedom, we may not have peace.
Of course, until all 'living ' humanity experiences freedom (from sickness and death ) we will Not have Peace on Earth.

There can be No peace with any dictator. Back in the late 1700's a professor Alexander Tyler concluded that even a democracy can't last more than about 200 years because once people figure out how to get money out of the treasury that causes economic collapse.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
All worshiping one God.
Or, as Jesus taught Not all worship his God at John 4:23-24.
Jesus taught that worship of God must be based on spirit and truth.
Jesus taught that ' religious truth ' is Scripture at John 17:17
A spirited worship is a lively worship. One's life style - James 2:26;1:27

Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Earth will still contain disparate belief systems but peace and order will be maintained by a World Government comprised of elected delegates from various regions.
The United Nations see a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world.
With backing the U.N. can be strengthened to become God's arm of the law to go up against disparate belief systems.
For, when ' they ' (powers that be ) will be saying, "Peace and Security", that is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,105,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
"So all non-Christians are going to hell" - You say that like they haven't been given a choice first and that isn't so. God isn't going to allow 1 single Soul to go to hell without hearing about His Son's Path back to Him first.

Peace? When it comes there will be no one alive.
And if millions of people who lived before Jesus, don't believe in the dogma of "Jesus is the only way", they will go to hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality