Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 03:32 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,291,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's become more of a Protestant ritual since the popularity of the movie in the early 1970's.
Does Protestant ritual include priests, crucifixes, Holy Hosts, and Holy Water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 04:24 PM

919 posts, read 613,357 times
I've sensed spirits since childhood. My religious parents taught me that this was a sure sign that the 'Devil' was trying to 'recruit' me. Naturally, this terrified me.
Around 33yo, a long series of synchronicities led me to face my fears & religious indoctrination. For over 7 years I intensively researched, studied, meditated & performed ritual practice.

For my own psychological well-being, I had to work out what the spirits actually were.
A very long story short, my senses were heightened to the presence of spirits around that time. Two churches tried to recruit me as their official 'exorcist' (a label that I abhor)

Although I faced some very interesting situations regarding the supernatural, I'm still not exactly sure what these so-called 'Demons" are. I suspect that many are just ignorant young souls starting the journey as individual personalities, who've entered this realm often through inexperienced people messing with occult practices like Ouija boards. Others are quite likely to be the spirits of those who were criminally insane in life.
Because I'm not 100% certain what they actually are, I refer to them as 'negative entities' (NE).

One of my experiences involved a family of Atheists who didn't believe "in this *****" until they were sitting quietly watching TV, when a picture flew from the wall & smashed against another.
The step-dad had such severe migraines that he spent 3 days in hospital while Dr's performed a battery of tests. A 14yo son was collapsing at different times with no apparent reason. He also spent 3 days in hospital for tests. The Dr's thought them remarkable cases because they could see how ill they were but could find no physical cause for their symptoms.

Before I was asked to assist, a series of 'experts' tried to help. All had fled in terror, including the RCCs official 'Exorcist'.
According to the parents, this Priest was in the house for 5 mins before turning pale & quickly left the home while repeatedly muttering "It's evil! It's evil! ..." (This always makes me laugh)

For whatever reason, NEs behave in my presence so I'm not usually witness to things like poltergeist activity (although I've seen the results)
Due to the fact that my presence calmed the household & because I was dealing with multiple entities that needed 'clearing' one at a time, it took me a few weeks to complete, the mother rang me everyday for reassurance.
While chatting to me on the phone, a deep male voice started talking through her. When I was able to get her partner on the phone, he told me that this happened regularly & had been too frightened to tell me.
I instructed him to tape record a conversation with 'it' & replay it back to her once she had 'returned'. The mother had no clue that this was happening to her.
That night I witnessed this possession first hand.

Off-course many will not believe my experience but when the time is right, my story will be made public.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:32 PM

919 posts, read 613,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Does Protestant ritual include priests, crucifixes, Holy Hosts, and Holy Water?
No, Protestants don't use any of these. Clergy are called Reverend or ministers.
Although from attending a High Anglican church service in my youth, there did appear to be similarities with Catholic services.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:02 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,720,299 times
The thing I most hate about that movie is that it ruined my enjoyment of guacamole.

I think it is a horrible movie and pretty scary, I might add. Not one I would recommend watching at any age.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:24 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,541,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
No, Protestants don't use any of these. Clergy are called Reverend or ministers.
Although from attending a High Anglican church service in my youth, there did appear to be similarities with Catholic services.
Protestants use words, not symbols. And you don't have to be clergy to do it.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,073,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Protestants use words, not symbols. And you don't have to be clergy to do it.

No you don't, just a believer. And being delivered of a fear spirit by the hand of G-d helps tremendously. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality