Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is as much attention as I will give your stalking, monumentus. Try to grasp it and understand it, then stop bugging me with mindless drivel. Anyone who has pursued a PhD knows what MUST occur on the frontiers of knowledge if there is to be any advance.
Trying to use Gaylenwoof as support for your beliefs is getting you nowhere as stepping into the unknown is stepping into the unknown. It is NOT validating what you claim to know (apparently on faith) but seem unable to sell to anyone other than Goldie, who dearly wanted to be convinced. And I wouldn't be surprised if Arach becomes a second disciple. I'd rather he did than continue to call himself an atheist.

As for Stalking, I haven't checked every scrap of your exchanges, but I can well imagine that you find it convenient to call it 'stalking' when Momentus picks you up on posting a yet -again unvalidated faith -claim tacked on to almost any convenient topic.

The topic was explaining some misconceptions about atheism. It was not providing platform for you to peddle your hypotheses. We sometimes feel you are following us around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 09:56 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is as much attention as I will give your stalking, monumentus. Try to grasp it and understand it, then stop bugging me with mindless drivel. Anyone who has pursued a PhD knows what MUST occur on the frontiers of knowledge if there is to be any advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Avoiding answering or rebutting by hiding behind name calling - is still avoiding answering or rebutting. The name calling does not change things. But it certainly does show your actual adherence to this "agape love" you keep harping on about.
This is why it is stalking. There is no name calling just your specious accusations. Did you even read Gaylen's post? Clearly not since you avoid answering or rebutting its points while accusing me of it. It is a waste of time responding to you.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,649 times
So you start your post with the same name calling - then proceed to claim there was no name calling. I love it. You really display your grasp on reality there. You have shown _no_ stalking exists at all. My replies to you are a small % of my posts over all. And my replies to you are _to_ a small % of your posts over all. Your name calling of "stalker" and accusation of "stalking" is just your specious accusations that you use to dodge actually replying to what is _in_ my posts.

Rich too that you dodge my posts and their content and then moan that I did not respond to Gaylen. You are in no position to accuse others of failing to rebut posts. I replied to _you_ not gaylen. And you have failed to address my response. Consistently failed. When I want to reply to Gaylen I will thanks. Do not use Gaylen as a human shield to dodge my posts thanks. I do not need it - and I doubt he would appreciate being used in that fashion.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:39 AM

It's just another ploy. it wasn't that long ago he used to respond to old Arq's posts with "Snarl, snarl!".

Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's just another ploy. it wasn't that long ago he used to respond to old Arq's posts with "Snarl, snarl!".
"Old Arq" played along much better...for YEARS. I loved that guy!

Old 05-18-2016, 12:56 PM

Sadly missed

Old 05-18-2016, 01:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Sadly missed
Indeed.

Arq has been TRANSported elsewhere. Or Elsewho.

Or something....

Old 05-19-2016, 06:01 PM

788 posts, read 512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
Hello Everyone,

So, I wanted to create a thread in order to dispel a couple myths about atheism.

1. Atheism is not a belief or lifestyle and can not be treated like a belief or lifestyle.

2. It follows that belief-based and lifestyle-based decisions made by an atheist are not pursuant to atheism.

I am making this thread because I've seen a ridiculously high number of theists saying things like "Atheism is a faith in no God" and making claims against atheism as though it were a violent, hypocritical belief set.
An atheist could be a violent, genocide supporting warlord or an atheist could be a pacifist who likes gardening and donating to poor children. Neither lifestyle is because the person is an atheist.

If you're an atheist, I'd be obliged to hear your thoughts on this.
If you're a theist and disagree, please provide a detailed explanation.
To me, being an atheist is believe in that which has sufficient evidence pointing to its factual existance, and disbelieving that which is unevidenced. There is no evidence whatsoever, of a creator, of intelligent design etc., nor of an existance post-mortem, or a heaven or a hell or of a devil or angels or wholly holy ghosts. None. I long ago stopped letting my fear of mortality goad me into believing the gibberish, drinking the Kool Aid of believing in the wholly unbelieving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality