Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 09:44 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,035,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But there is factual evidence the earth is sort-of spherical and germs can cause disease. But evolution is not like those proofs since there is no actual, verifiable evidence all life on earth evolved from the single cell.

But I do appreciate your thoughts.
I never said that all life on earth originated from a single cell. MY point concerned the Theory of Evolution. When you said "Evolution is faith-based", I assumed you were talking about evolution and that it is faith-based. Since you said "Evolution is faith-based", you can understand why I might think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 09:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not really. It's natural selection.
Ummmm. There's no easy way to break this to you so I'll shout it in order that it may sink in. NATURAL SELECTION IS EVOLUTION.

Quote:
But they still would have been birds. It's not as if they grew a 3rd wing, or tusks.
Here, on full display is the staggering ignorance of the religious fundie. Read it and weep folks. They walk amongst us!

Quote:
Likewise, if I take 2 small dogs and breed them, I'm going to get a small dog. I can continue to breed the line that way for whatever trait I want -- like a long coat, or coloring, etc. But they're still canines. They won't turn into cats.
There it is again folks. Frightening isn't it that people that are as wilfully ignorant and scientifically illiterate as this are actually ALLOWED to vote! Not only doesn't he understand what the evidence of Evolution actually is he doesn't even understand WHAT Evolution is claiming.

Here....try this. You might understand a little better....though I doubt it..... Your pal Jeff ignored it perhaps yopu can answer the question at the end.

If we have red text and decide to change it by just a small amount, the change might be barely noticeable, but still a very small change. This, we will call our micro-evolution. Every word up to now can be considered red, with very minute changes in the hue. If I keep typing long enough, would anyone be able to tell me, just by looking, at which word or letter is this post no longer red, but actually purple or blue? All this micro-evolution keeps occurring in the text, with its tiny changes in hue, but ultimately, I end up with a completely different colour. It's actually the difference between what one would consider red and what one would consider purple (or a whole new species, in this analogy) which is macro-evolution. See, the common misunderstanding is, that macro-evolution means a dog being a direct offspring of some other different canine-like species, or even more stupidly, a cat coming from a dog. Well, that's not what macro-evolution is. There is really only one distinction between micro-evolution and macro-evolution, and it's the same distinction between their prefixes: micro and macro. Just like if something is microscopic or if something is macroscopic. Microscopic usually requires a microscope to see it because it's so small, but the macroscopic are things large enough to be seen by the common human eye. However, things of both size are completely visible and plainly exist, and there are many things in this universe between both general sizes. So as you read this, can you tell me the first word here that is blue, and not purple? After all, every change in colour since the first word in this paragraph has only micro-evolved from the colour next to it, but we've managed to macro-evolve through 2 colours. This, hopefully, will illustrate how it's illogical to believe that macro-evolution doesn't happen, even given time for enough micro-evolution to occur.

So tell me -- what was the first purple word in the block of text above? What's the first blue word? Remember, if macro-evolution simply cannot happen then you're saying the words you are reading now are still red.

Last edited by Rafius; 03-25-2016 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 10:05 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ummmm. There's no easy way to break this to you so I'll shout it in order that it may sink in. NATURAL SELECTION IS EVOLUTION.

Here, on full display is the staggering ignorance of the religious fundie. Read it and weep folks. They walk amongst us!

There it is again folks. Frightening isn't it that people that are as wilfullyignorant as this are actually ALLOWED to vote!
But forums like this are where they are hastening their own extinction. Here on the net, they proudly advertise their deliberate obtuseness, denial, child-like "thinking" and hypocrisy for the whole world to see.

They have no clue how foolish they reveal themselves to be.

So, again, thank you Viz. Thanks, Eusie and jeffy.

Continue to advertise the requirements necessary for membership in good standing in the Fundyclub:

Deliberate misunderstanding of Science despite being corrected hundreds of times. Promulgating myths and lies with a straight face. Hate the same people the bible godling hates. And most of all, selective blindness -- being able to look in a mirror and not see a hypocrite.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:12 AM

Vizio.

I would like to ask you something that a former member here used to ask fundies in order to ascertain whether or not they understood even the bog-standard basics of what they were claiming was false.

Would you please explain to us the general idea of DNA genome mapping and how it is used to track the genotypic background of a modern species? Would you also explain three types of tRNA or DNA transcription errors in mitosis.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
But forums like this are where they are hastening their own extinction. Here on the net, they proudly advertise their deliberate obtuseness, denial, child-like "thinking" and hypocrisy for the whole world to see.

They have no clue how foolish they reveal themselves to be.

So, again, thank you Viz. Thanks, Eusie and jeffy.

Continue to advertise the requirements necessary for membership in good standing in the Fundyclub:

Deliberate misunderstanding of Science despite being corrected hundreds of times. Promulgating myths and lies with a straight face. Hate the same people the bible godling hates. And most of all, selective blindness -- being able to look in a mirror and not see a hypocrite.
Hear! Hear! old boy. They don't even realise the help they are giving us. Wanting to see a lamb turn into a lion overnight...and then, when there is no evidence for that because that isn't what happens, puffing out their chests and claiming victory! I mean what the......!!!! Can people REALLY be that stupid.

Last edited by Rafius; 03-25-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 10:26 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Vizio.

I would like to ask you something that a former member here used to ask fundies in order to ascertain whether or not they understood even the bog-standard basics of what they were claiming was false.

Would you please explain to us the general idea of DNA genome mapping and how it is used to track the genotypic background of a modern species? Would you also explain three types of tRNA or DNA transcription errors in mitosis.

I understand the concept, but no--I'm not going to spend the next 10 minutes or longer typing up a post so you can ascertain that I have a clue what I'm talking about.

These forums don't require the same type of qualifications in regards to religion of anyone that wants to bash Christianity, such as the OP. it's crystal clear that many of your side don't have the slightest clue about what you're bashing...but you continue to do so. So why would it be incumbent upon me to prove my qualifications to you?

Old 03-25-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I understand the concept, but no--I'm not going to spend the next 10 minutes or longer typing up a post so you can ascertain that I have a clue what I'm talking about.

These forums don't require the same type of qualifications in regards to religion of anyone that wants to bash Christianity, such as the OP. it's crystal clear that many of your side don't have the slightest clue about what you're bashing...but you continue to do so. So why would it be incumbent upon me to prove my qualifications to you?
That's a lot of words to say you have no clue.

How about answering his much more simple question posed in post #52?

Try that one.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Not really.
Still waiting for you to tell us what you would accept as evidence that evolution is a fact.

Also still waiting for you to answer the question in post #40 too....along with many other questions but that one will do for a start.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:32 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:

There it is again folks. Frightening isn't it that people that are as wilfully ignorant and scientifically illiterate as this are actually ALLOWED to vote! Not only doesn't he understand what the evidence of Evolution actually is he doesn't even understand WHAT Evolution is claiming.

Here....try this. You might understand a little better....though I doubt it..... Your pal Jeff ignored it perhaps yopu can answer the question at the end.

If we have red text and decide to change it by just a small amount, the change might be barely noticeable, but still a very small change. This, we will call our micro-evolution. Every word up to now can be considered red, with very minute changes in the hue. If I keep typing long enough, would anyone be able to tell me, just by looking, at which word or letter is this post no longer red, but actually purple or blue? All this micro-evolution keeps occurring in the text, with its tiny changes in hue, but ultimately, I end up with a completely different colour. It's actually the difference between what one would consider red and what one would consider purple (or a whole new species, in this analogy) which is macro-evolution. See, the common misunderstanding is, that macro-evolution means a dog being a direct offspring of some other different canine-like species, or even more stupidly, a cat coming from a dog. Well, that's not what macro-evolution is. There is really only one distinction between micro-evolution and macro-evolution, and it's the same distinction between their prefixes: micro and macro. Just like if something is microscopic or if something is macroscopic. Microscopic usually requires a microscope to see it because it's so small, but the macroscopic are things large enough to be seen by the common human eye. However, things of both size are completely visible and plainly exist, and there are many things in this universe between both general sizes. So as you read this, can you tell me the first word here that is blue, and not purple? After all, every change in colour since the first word in this paragraph has only micro-evolved from the colour next to it, but we've managed to macro-evolve through 2 colours. This, hopefully, will illustrate how it's illogical to believe that macro-evolution doesn't happen, even given time for enough micro-evolution to occur.

So tell me -- what was the first purple word in the block of text above? What's the first blue word? Remember, if macro-evolution simply cannot happen then you're saying the words you are reading now are still red.
Pretty colors. But do you understand that there is a difference between the removal of one set of genes and the addition of more? You apparently didn't grasp my point.

Having said that, how do you explain the Cambrian Explosion? It was simply impossible for that to happen.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Pretty colors. But do you understand that there is a difference between the removal of one set of genes and the addition of more? You apparently didn't grasp my point.

Having said that, how do you explain the Cambrian Explosion? It was simply impossible for that to happen.
Deflection.

A tried n' true CARM tactic when cornered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality