Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If it isn't your math skills then it must be your reading comprehension....

Revelation 7:3–8 (ESV)

saying: "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

Looks like 144,000 Jews to me...

Yea me too as they will set up the new kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:50 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
If it isn't your math skills then it must be your reading comprehension....

Revelation 7:3–8 (ESV)

saying: "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

Looks like 144,000 Jews to me...

Notice that the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are omitted, and replaced with the tribe of Joseph.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:17 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Notice that the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are omitted, and replaced with the tribe of Joseph.
Replaced with the Tribe of Manasseh.
Dan is omitted because that will be the tribe from which the antichrist will come.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:07 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The first time I read it I thought he was on peyote. But since wild peyote doesn't grow on Patmos.... I think mushrooms are more likely.
Lol you 60's Jesus Freak you.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:11 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Replaced with the Tribe of Manasseh.
Dan is omitted because that will be the tribe from which the antichrist will come.

Dan isn't there because there will be no punishment stage in Israel and Dan is a viper by the way that bites at the horses heels to throw the rider.

There is no Ephraim because Ephraim has just died and there could never be anymore Ephraim. Those 7000 reserved are all of the kingdom of Ephraim that became gentiles and Jesus brought a new covenant for Judah and the gentiles of Ephraim but if they have to die BECAUSE they represent a covenant for gentiles becoming Israel. Gentiles come through the promise of Ephraim but they cannot remain gentiles because there is no place for gentiles in the new kingdom, thus, there cannot be an Ephraim, but Revelation is showing how Ephraim dies when those 7000 men die.

Elijah was not sent to Jews, he was sent to the kingdom of Ephraim in the hand of Ahab and Jezebel, they had called the Torah a strange thing and the spirit of Elijah went judging them, he was not sent to Judah and Judah was not there when Elijah called fire down from heaven. Elijah failed when he went judging them but that's how a person acts when he has become the prophet, but the prophet of judgment needs to be taken from a person so that he will become a priest who would teach the sons of the prophets of Ephraim instead of killing them down at the river. Revelation is just showing the transition of a man who goes from a prophet to a priest.

So the spirit of Elijah comes in John and BECAUSE of this, he is the friend of the bridegroom who goes out and offers gentiles in the land of Ephraim a promised marriage that would redeem them back into Israel.

Judah was already betrothed, they were already Israel. Paul speaks about those 7000 men reserved under Ahab, and every generation because Paul himself was of the kingdom of Ephraim from the tribe of Benjamin and it was his people that God punished when he brought an end to their kingdom.

God reserves 7000 men in every generation until we get to Revelation when those 7000 die in an earthquake.

They must die, They must die because Jesus came to make Ephraim and Judah one man, and Ephraim represents the flesh of a man.

IN WHAT HOUR?

Revelation 11.
13And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Revelation 11 begins on Tishri 1 and everyone's forehead is being sealed against Yom Kippur.

Those two witnesses are the water and the blood, and here is a man who has symbolically went all the way to death in Ephraim in walking in the flesh and he has come up to the day no man knows, ''Rosh Hashanah.''

He goes all the way to death and he is transformed into a new person like Elijah being divided from Elisha and there stood a man with a double portion. He is revived and stood up on his feet and given strength and this is something a person is trying to achieve.

When Ephraim dies, he has become Judah.

Instead of Cain killing Abel, Cain has killed himself by dying daily in his spring season and has come up to the fall, and the inner man is awakened.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 02-23-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 04:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol you 60's Jesus Freak you.
Uh, oh. Busted.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:29 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Same here. I suspect there were some special mushrooms on the island of Patmos. It did inspire some great art and IMO the best Stephen King novel, though.
Quote:
The first time I read it I thought he was on peyote. But since wild peyote doesn't grow on Patmos.... I think mushrooms are more likely.
"Another mystery is what John had ingested before he wrote this stuff"

Excerpt from:
Book of Revelation - RationalWiki

Old 02-23-2016, 06:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"Another mystery is what John had ingested before he wrote this stuff"

Excerpt from:
Book of Revelation - RationalWiki
Nothing there that wasn't said by hippies in the 60's.

You missed all the fun, Freak. You could have been the skeptic sitting in the corner telling everyone about your time in the Fundy Commune.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:52 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Nothing there that wasn't said by hippies in the 60's.

You missed all the fun, Freak.
Ah Contraire. Thanks to some anxiety problems, I've had plenty of "fun" with Big Pharma's (legal) mind-altering drugs.

In fact, one of the reasons I left Christianity was the realization that my "sacred" and "immaterial" soul could be strongly affected by chemicals. It's hard to be a mind-body dualist after a pill takes you from sheer panic to perfectly calm in 30 minutes flat.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:51 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes. Definitely throw our "Revelations". I have never heard of the book and it is not inspired.
The word is spelled "out". If you are going to make fun of someone else's grammar, try not to make your own mistakes when doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality