Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 03:04 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times

Advertisements

I think with this kind of forward thinking the world would have no requirement for messiahs.

Jason Silva - "Captains of Spaceship Earth" [Short Video]- redefining understanding of our place in the scheme of things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 04:09 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
i like the part about one person can impact positively large numbers of people...
....but it would be helpful to hear practical tips on how we can do this

i would like to hear from readers how we can positively impact the people in our life, and also how we can positively impact the people all around the planet, that would be uplifting and inspirational thank you

Old 06-19-2015, 09:09 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i like the part about one person can impact positively large numbers of people...
....but it would be helpful to hear practical tips on how we can do this

i would like to hear from readers how we can positively impact the people in our life, and also how we can positively impact the people all around the planet, that would be uplifting and inspirational thank you
You would first need to embrace the idea that we are all human beings and equal in the eyes of the Creator and that all life is sacred.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You would first need to embrace the idea that we are all human beings and equal in the eyes of the Creator and that all life is sacred.
Yes, this.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:50 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
I think with this kind of forward thinking the world would have no requirement for messiahs.

Jason Silva - "Captains of Spaceship Earth" [Short Video]- redefining understanding of our place in the scheme of things...
Enjoyable video.

Rota, we have had a bit of disconnect. I suppose it is that I have a particular interest. It is Filleting the Gospels. I am glad that the kind of thinking I don't do is being handled by others.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
I agree that we are all equal in God's eyes. What do you mean by all life being sacred, though. Can you elaborate.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:55 PM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I agree that we are all equal in God's eyes. What do you mean by all life being sacred, though. Can you elaborate.
all life is sacred....holy....plant, rock, fish, human, planet...all are animated and alive and breathed into existence at every moment by the loving Creator who made us all

Old 06-19-2015, 01:11 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Vizio,I'm surprised, you're supposed to be a man of your God and you don't know what it means by all life being sacred. In my culture and belief every living thing, whether it be plant or animal has a spirit and that spirit is sacred. When we take the life of an animal to feed ourselves, we first asked permission from the Creator to do so and then when we do take that life we think the spirit of that animal for sacrificing itself so that we may survive.This is something that we have done from the beginning of time.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i would like to hear from readers how we can positively impact the people in our life, and also
how we can positively impact the
people all around the planet, that would be uplifting and inspirational, thank you
Be happy...Don't worry....dont ever take anything personally and feel the least bit offended...
be an example of someone that is feeling God within ...thus, dropping anything, that others
would have to forgive someone for...(meaning know there is nothing TO forgive)...
practice the peace of one who knows God...meaning..no judgment of any kind...
being a true brother to everyone, loving them like they were your child.
Have an air of everything being 'perfect'...reflect that knowing.

It's like a ripple in a pond.
Hey, if nothing else YOU will be happy, right?
Ya can't go wrong with this formula.
(Try it for 2 solid weeks and you'll see!)

Old 06-19-2015, 01:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Vizio,I'm surprised, you're supposed to be a man of your God
and you don't know what it means by all life being sacred.
I believe he just wanted to hear your view...I personally do not doubt V thinks that all is sacred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality