Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 06:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,962,139 times

Advertisements

He'd have to instantly end all suffering and injustices. Not in the afterlife, but now, and here. Can't/won't do it? I wouldn't believe. Moon turning to blood, stars falling, whatever. Who cares about that crap. But to end all suffering worldwide and instantly, that would warrant a second look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 08:36 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,766,834 times
When I was about 16 my friend's family took us to a museum. The parents went in one direction and my friend and I walked around on our own. At one point a guy started to chat with us. He told us he was Jesus, and started to tell us all these wild stories. He pointed at his belly and told us he was pregnant or something like that, haha. He also said that whenever you see those street lights flickering that means God is watching. We listened to him and were entertained. He did follow us around for a bit but then I think met someone else he wanted to share his Jesus story with.

There is a guy in Russia I think who claims he is Jesus and has a bunch of followers.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:54 AM

18,531 posts, read 9,221,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
When I was about 16 my friend's family took us to a museum. The parents went in one direction and my friend and I walked around on our own. At one point a guy started to chat with us. He told us he was Jesus, and started to tell us all these wild stories. He pointed at his belly and told us he was pregnant or something like that, haha. He also said that whenever you see those street lights flickering that means God is watching. We listened to him and were entertained. He did follow us around for a bit but then I think met someone else he wanted to share his Jesus story with.

There is a guy in Russia I think who claims he is Jesus and has a bunch of followers.
We know he is telling the truth. Why would he make up something like that?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM

37,568 posts, read 61,646,041 times
Jesus' return is described multiple times in the Bible.

When Jesus returns, I think it will be in the manner following God's Word.

I find it amazing that any Christian would say they would 'just know' it.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:03 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,643,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Jesus' return is described multiple times in the Bible.

When Jesus returns, I think it will be in the manner following God's Word.

I find it amazing that any Christian would say they would 'just know' it.
Same group of people who say they have a "personal relationship" with Jesus and that Jesus is one of their closest friends, thus they would know when it's really Jesus due to that relationship.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,595,159 times
I would know it if he turned water into wine right before my eyes. Then we would have a glass or three together and laugh at all the fools who act like the hypocrites he condemned when he was around ~ 2,000 years ago.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM

7,339 posts, read 6,962,493 times
Matthew 7;21,22,23,
He would know me.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,361,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Got into this discussion this weekend.

Somewhere in the Bible, it says Jesus will come back -- I've heard from a few friends who are Christian who "Hope he comes back during their lifetime" -- I asked how they would know it was actually Jesus and not an imposter. Their response "I would just know as I have such a good relationship with Jesus that it wouldn't be a question it was him"

Anyways, being a bit more realistic here in the 21st century, what would it take for someone as a Christian to be like "Yes, that is really Jesus" and not a pretender? Clearly saying you are Jesus wouldn't be enough --- I know three "Jesus'" from high school. Not to mention his story probably wouldn't completely agree with the Bible as we know it due to the various translations and word of mouth before it was all completed.

For me (as an atheist) it would take something extraordinary that no other human could do -- actually walking on water, etc. to believe.
Well, Jesus is going to have to do something pretty spectacular to catch everyone's attention, let's face it. We are a pretty self absorbed lot with our TV shows and I-pads and such these days. I'm thinking he will need to go all Old Testament old school on us all with an oldie but a goody like causing the sun to stop dead in the sky for about 24 hours, as in Joshua 10:12-13. If that doesn't work he can always cause hordes of dead people to come up out of their graves and wander around like in Matt. 27:52-53. If THAT doesn't get our attention he can always just fly back off up into the clouds like last time and wait until summer reruns commence.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:33 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We know he is telling the truth. Why would he make up something like that?
it was you, wasn't it?

maybe that was this guy's pickup line, haha.

unless you were talking about the Jesus guy in Russia. either way, both guys I am sure were/are telling the truth.

Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,452,763 times
I would give him a cheeseburger. If he took it I would know it was really Satan because Jesus keeps kosher and can't eat meat with cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality