Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 AM

377 posts, read 576,732 times

Advertisements

The latest documentary on Ancient Pharaoh Religion seems to document this. So when did the brain become recognized as important in spirituality? Since I understand that the Old Testament (in Hebrew) is really the Original Testament, I think the introduction of the this kind of monotheism was based on the inclusion of the brain together with the heart as a first analytic spirituality for the Mediterranean Area of the world. This type of spirituality could topple the power of the Kings.

Listening to a Republican Texas Representative fighting for the current mass ability to purchase military weapons by every single human being saying god is more powerful than the Constitution really scared me. He probably couldn't read Hebrew so he is using his Bible to define the word "god". I don't capitalize "god" because one can argue does elohim actually mean "god" or "gods" back 2500 years ago?
I think it means "gods" myself. The only way to express monotheism in the Original Testament is to use the 6007 times it is used: YHWH.

As the Original Testament evolved, for the past 2000 years, it's pretty well fixed now. This must include Talmud study/analysis. Talmud was banned by Constantine to all Christians. Hope you understand the difference this all makes about the word "god", the heart and the brain and the USA Constitution.

So I believe that the final product is represented by the inclusion of the brain in spirituality because I believe that Genesis:1-2:4 is not an accident or coincidence and even if edited it's a beautiful poem in Hebrew. It is also the first labor law ever and it's no accident that the first time the word YHWH is mentioned is exactly where it is and is like the Coda to a poem/a musical entity. That merged the brain with the heart.

When did the human mind become religious?

Last edited by macnietspingal; 01-17-2013 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add a helpful link just found
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,968 times
Default Universal Monotheism

You mention monotheism, what about 'universal monotheism', when belief in God unites us. Why should religion divide us. It beggars belief! If one meets someone of a different religion, shake his hand and say,
"We believe in God!" Rejoice when he responds, "there is no god but God."

Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 AM

377 posts, read 576,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dan View Post
You mention monotheism, what about 'universal monotheism', when belief in God unites us. Why should religion divide us. It beggars belief! If one meets someone of a different religion, shake his hand and say,
"We believe in God!" Rejoice when he responds, "there is no god but God."
Depends if you can read Hebrew or not.
YHWH is not god. God is a subset of YHWH. I don't believe in god. That's the purpose of the OT, Original Testament.
I suddenly realize that I have been reading the whole Bible and the Quran from the POV of being a member of Judeo Culture and Civilization. The original greek bible was started out as a translation of the Original Testament by Judeo Culture and Civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality