Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

This Dr Joel Klenck? Yeah right.....

Lecture #11: Human Origins and Genesis II: Non-modern Humans and the Nephilim of Genesis - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 06:14 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
This is really interesting:
New Support for Alleged Noah’s Ark Discovery

If this research is in fact true, -the whole Bible would have to be true.
How is that? How would an ark prove anything other than just that, an ark? Nice try though. Dont you know someone "finds Noahs ark" every decade or so?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
oy vey

Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
This is really interesting:
New Support for Alleged Noah’s Ark Discovery

If this research is in fact true, -the whole Bible would have to be true.
Or rather, the Epic of Gilgamesh and other Sumerian myths the Bible was based upon..

Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
well where are the pics guess the camera man was sleepin

probably the pics were to blury, kinda like the ones of ufo's

nothing like having faith in literature

Old 12-08-2011, 08:13 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Noah's Ark gets "found" every few years. I remember it being found back in the 70's, too, and a few times between then and now. Yawn.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Another effort to beef up NAMI-Scammi's on-going attempt to cover its failed tracks? Anyone get a good look at the link? Interestingly, SBWire provides and/or writes press releases, primarily for small to mid-sized businesses, I guess to post releases on their website. Also, the source of the press release was from the "Paleontological Research Corporation", which happens to be Dr. Joel Klenck's own organization. Klenck's Ararat investigation couldn't have been much in the way of standard practice considering the senseless guidelines set up by NAMI as to who qualifies and who doesn't. But I'm sure Klenck heartily agreed with those guidelines. I wonder if Klenck gets a cut of the donations NAMI collects? Klenck on the one hand claims "This site is no hoax.", then turns around and says dating of the samples may have been contaminated by "ancient visitors or modern explorers to the site." That's pretty handy for NAMI. I suspect NAMI will be solicitating for more generous donations soon.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This Dr Joel Klenck? ....
The very same.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Dr Joel Klenck????? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Exactly...

If there's one way to cast doubt on any scientific endeavor - it's to mention Joel Klenck!

Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Ahhhhhh yesssss... Having watched this vid for about half of its length (I couldn't have kept my coffee down any longer if I'd gone on...), I saw that my first innocent mistake was in granting him the scientific benefit of the doubt. Hey; he sounded good until I actually listened to him just now!!

His "lecture" here is just a lengthy re-listing of the usual YEC-Creationist accounts and assumptions about the rank, order and lineage of all the usual biblical Genesis suspects, absent any critical evaluation of the mistakes that permeate that "hypothesis".

In other words, more of the usual bunko, unsubstantiated and chock-full of mis-statements and technical errors.

SO... Oh Goody! Couple those craven mistakes with NAMI©'s scam (who surely must be paying him to mutter his words of support...) and it's off we go again in 2012. The field trip, if and only if, Turkey sees fit to grant these fools access again, or if they gain sufficient funding for another Middle East summer vacation, will be fascinating indeed!

And potentially embarrassing for Turkey as well.

I'll be betting they don't go for it, and the dream will die........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality