Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:49 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Gizmo, you are such a cute girl, and you look really young
Why, thank you! I'm almost 31, but I still get carded on a regular basis - can't complain about that, I guess.

Quote:
I just have to add this, too, you look like you are very shy( but that little "snarky" grin comes through)
LOL... I'm definitely not shy, at least not in the usual sense. I can talk anyone's ear off, even if I've just met them! But I was a shy kid, and that comes through when I'm uncomfortable with a person or situation... plus I hate taking pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 08:50 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay... I have to admit, I thought you were a guy!! For some reason I do that a lot, so it's really nothing personal.
Oh, but you are a very pretty woman, and I LOVE the horse!
I too agree people should first state their gender. I've been surprised on more than one occasion.

I'm a dude BTW. No picture though, sorry.

As far as the discussion back a couple pages about being an adult and fun being over, that's pretty sad. Yes, as an adult, you sometimes have to go out and find fun (through a hobby or something), especially after you have kids, but you can also have fun every day. Step 1: Stop caring so much what other people think of you, today, right now.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I too agree people should first state their gender. I've been surprised on more than one occasion.
Me too... and that's why I sometimes regret picking a non-gender-specific screen name. Speaking of which, Hoosier told me you can transfer to a new name - but I'm afraid it would be too confusing, since you all know me as "gizmo."

Oh, and that's also one reason I changed my "handle" to Miss Snarky... partly just because it was a hilarious suggestion, but also because you now know I'm a MISS.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:34 PM

41 posts, read 118,426 times
Love to put a name with a face as well, never done this before, hope it works.

This takes bravery, but hope many more on this forum will post, love to put a face with a name, or vice a versa.

This is me and my sixth child, a suprise and a blessing!!!!

Well, I tried, but it doesn't seem to work, and it's late, maybe I'll try again.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:19 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
Gizmo...great photo! You look so young, and your hair is georgous!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Jazz, you are very attractive Is that a Thoroughbred? I have a picture of one of my daughters and her horse as my screensaver. My daughter had cancer at the time and her horse was her therapy..I would bring the horse to my daughters open bedroom window, when she was too sick from chemo. Her horse would reach through the window and Diana could touch her. Diana is cured for 15 years now..Mystery is no longer alive, but we feel that the Lord gave her to Diana at the time she needed a special blessing
I realize he does look like a thoroughbred but actually he's all Arab! With that long nose and everything...but he was a good boy. I loved him so much. He was put down a few weeks ago...but he lived a good life!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Jazz, you are very attractive Is that a Thoroughbred? I have a picture of one of my daughters and her horse as my screensaver. My daughter had cancer at the time and her horse was her therapy..I would bring the horse to my daughters open bedroom window, when she was too sick from chemo. Her horse would reach through the window and Diana could touch her. Diana is cured for 15 years now..Mystery is no longer alive, but we feel that the Lord gave her to Diana at the time she needed a special blessing
Praising God your daughter made it though and for God's blessing to continue to be with her! I can't imagine what you and your family went through during those years!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Well, now that ya'll have seen the photo, I'd really like to delete it so that it's not in cyberspace forever...but I have the hardest time finding Hoosier to send a PM to him/her.

If I search I get all kinds of threads where his/her name is said but no always a post by him/her.

So, can a mod...any mod...delete my post with photo?

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Click on "my settings" scroll down to "attachments" click on that and then you have the option to delete it.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Here's a pic of my wife "Sunshine" and I from a few years ago...I guess I'm gettin to be an old fogey....

Bud

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/KL7EU/MeHer-1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality