Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:11 PM

419 posts, read 869,135 times

Advertisements

I'm not much of a religious person, so maybe some of you here could help me out with this. I'm wondering, why would the Christian God allow people to worship other gods? Wouldn't He have wanted to set people straight from the get-go instead of allowing them to be misled into worshiping other gods?

I understand that Jesus was sent to deliver God's message to the people, but I guess I'm also wondering why He waited so long to send Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 04:39 PM

19,730 posts, read 20,271,976 times
Probably because all Gods are One in the same, but the problem lies in the inability people have to relate, understand and accept things which are different, due to cultural interpretation and language barriers.

Perhaps?

Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,800,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
I'm not much of a religious person, so maybe some of you here could help me out with this. I'm wondering, why would the Christian God allow people to worship other gods? Wouldn't He have wanted to set people straight from the get-go instead of allowing them to be misled into worshiping other gods?

I understand that Jesus was sent to deliver God's message to the people, but I guess I'm also wondering why He waited so long to send Jesus.
Let's pretend god exists. The answer to your question is to let people have free will to make the mistake of worshiping the wrong god so they can be sent to hell. Why? Because god loves them.

Also, these are logical questions directed towards the anti-logic crowd.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:37 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,710 times
Quote:

The reason Jesus was sent in person was...Because HUMANS DO NOT LISTEN To correction, or instruction, or abide by laws already given!!!
They had all this pryor to JESUS....and they did not do, or act, or comply to those ideals.
Jesus came as a Man...showing he was Human, and frail as humans are, and yet he completed everything of the instructions, the law, and precepts...so we have no excuse these days...right?

But look at the world...and draw lines to what Jesus said and did in his time here...and what he kicked at, and pointed out, that was being done back then...and to this very day...which all the world is using (IDOLIC SYMBOLIZUM in MONEY and a broken second law of God, and supporting warfare and murderers)...Still!...Not much has changed since!...they just keep trying to find new ways to hide that, and make us believe it is ok with GOD....while prohibiting certain plants from being sown sinlessly.

Wonder why?

ALPHA = PLANT, FIRST, food baring, water consuming and filtation units, atomic entities.
Omega = POWER or force, last, OHms..electrical in nature, commander of the elementals....ATOMIC and SUBATOMIC and ANTI MATTER...through GRAVITY......They are all one.
ANd the one who tends and keeps them = the SON. or the SUN.

They are all one with God...the son sowed seeds...to make EDENS and feed the Birds good seed...GENESIS 9:3 are the givens!.

And they will not let you have that estate or claim to those Gifts to use in your life...God has given freely to all....
OH No ...you have to pay with that IDOL...which incurs SIN, by breaking a commandment of God, which Jesus was pointing at....and so "sin" begets "death" in that system...and that is why they let other religions and worship to be allowed....So no one gets to the door of GOD...DOING and FULFILLING what God asked we do....and it is not hard to do....Sow some seeds... not omitting or profaning anything God made Good and has Given....that would help.

Do it sinlessly...and you reverse something that was done, that created death.

see?...the great ordeal?...who are all of these? God asks...the reply: Don't you know?..they are the ones who washed their cloth clean with the blood of the lamb...and being sinless enough, to put back what was taken in disobediance by the first two.
who fell from Grace and were sent out of EDEN.
How many humans does it take to remake and or restore EDEN and then the mutliple of that?

Only one so far out of seven billion???..and they slaghtered him on a cross, and rounded up the others following him and fed em to the lions, imprisoned others, and even murdered some of them..... and prohibited the masses from following suit...wow.

Now they work for MONEY...and do not do for God any more.

And they claim they are intelligent....Polluting the planet for profits and gains in nothing important.

AMEN?

Some might say there is no God.
But after reading the BIBLE and thinking along the lines I put up here....there should be one, and the one who said :Tend and Keep the Garden in Genesis 2:15...should be God.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:40 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,161,073 times
Quote:
Well you obviously haven't read the Bible, in which he had the Israelites commit mass genocide against neighboring cities and nations because they did not worship him - murdering hundreds of thousands of men, women, children and even livestock.

If the Biblical god were real, he would not be worthy of worship. If he were a human he would be arrested and executed for crimes against humanity.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Well you obviously haven't read the Bible, in which he had the Israelites commit mass genocide against neighboring cities and nations because they did not worship him - murdering hundreds of thousands of men, women, children and even livestock.

If the Biblical god were real, he would not be worthy of worship. If he were a human he would be arrested and executed for crimes against humanity.
Exactly; If god exists, he's a jerk.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,804,202 times
Quote:

And those nations never did anything to the Jews, right?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Exactly; If god exists, he's a jerk.
No, if the Biblical god exists, he's a jerk..

Thankfully, we know that the Biblical god is nothing more than a man-made ripoff of a dozen earlier man-made gods.

There are far better GODS out there, fortunately.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And those nations never did anything to the Jews, right?
I see. So, you're saying your unchanging, loving source of objective morality, who preached "love thy enemies" and "turn the other cheek" would order mass genocide over some petty bronze age tribal feuding?

What divine wisdom and intellect your gawd doth possess.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
..we know...

...There are...
Interesting words in a faith related forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality