Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 AM

21 posts, read 52,800 times

Advertisements

well I would really like to find a russian wife. I don't mean those kind of mail-order brides but a real normal russian girl who I can maybe marry. I have looked at those kinds of sites but I just get the feeling that those girls on the photos are just fake or that I will just meet a woman that will just marry me to get out of poverty or scam me etc. How will I meet normal russian woman that don't hunt for money but just want to find love? Is there any reliable dating sites like match.com etc but Russian? Do you have any advice on about marrying russian woman?

and I'm not some bald 50 year old who can't get girls any other way either

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-02-2009 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics

Old 05-02-2009, 01:57 PM

143 posts, read 415,354 times
Go to Russia and don't be sleazy when you talk to them. Not too complicated...

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamman View Post
Go to Russia and don't be sleazy when you talk to them. Not too complicated...
yeah I guess thats the best way. the thing is it feels a bit risky going to russia, I mean what if you don't meet any. it would kinda feel better if there was a woman there that you had a date with or something already when you got there.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:57 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times
You need one thing :

*Alot of money

Becareful some of them are just after money, and/or a new Country / way of life.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,215,272 times
Why do you want to "find a Russian wife"? As opposed to "want to get married". Got my red flags up.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,450 times
Learn the language to a fluency, familiarize yourself with the culture, and then meeting Russian women and winning their families will be a breeze. You won't even have to leave the US. But you should know -- people don't like being exoticized, and most of them will know when you are doing it.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Why do you want to "find a Russian wife"? As opposed to "want to get married". Got my red flags up.
well I want to meet and hopefully marry a russian woman, whats wrong with that? and what do you mean by red flags up?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,264 times
^Are you Russian?
If not, well, it's kinda weird. Most men and women don't go shopping for a wife or husband as if they're picking out a new car or kitchen tile. Why do you want a Russian wife, and not simply a wife? Is there something about Russian women that makes you feel they'd be a better match for you than a woman from any other country?

"Red flags" is just a way of saying "warning signs that something is wrong, or off" -- in this case, with you. Because yes, your topic is a little unusual.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,664,919 times
Why would you want to marry a woman who will be ugly and fat with a mustasche when she is old. That is a normal Russian woman. The ones you see in the catalogue are truly looking for a free trip to the US and $$ and most of them are from the Ukraine. Ukrainians have finer features and are often refered to as White Russians. In Seattle there is a large population of Russian and Ukranian people, but, on the whole, they are pretty ugly and also have a very closed culture.
If you care more about eating borscht, and garlic sausage and not how your bride looks. Go for it!
By the way, I am half Russian and I ain't lying lol

Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
^Are you Russian?
If not, well, it's kinda weird. Most men and women don't go shopping for a wife or husband as if they're picking out a new car or kitchen tile. Why do you want a Russian wife, and not simply a wife? Is there something about Russian women that makes you feel they'd be a better match for you than a woman from any other country?

"Red flags" is just a way of saying "warning signs that something is wrong, or off" -- in this case, with you. Because yes, your topic is a little unusual.
that was never what I meant, I don't want to buy a wife I would never do that. I just simply want to meet Russian woman, why does that make me weird? I would like to meet woman for the same reason any guy would, except I would specificly want to meet russian women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships