Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times

Advertisements

Exactly. And anyone who would be naive enough to ask about a "perfect" marriage has never been married or been out in the world much.

Perfection is an impossible standard. There is no perfect marriage. Ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 03:36 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
1. Fidelity
2. Equality- contribution, support, and consideration
3. Sex isn't a chore, duty, or obligation owed to him that must not be denied without a good reason

Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
What would the perfect marriage be like according to you? Don't be afraid to ramble on.
A husband who loves me as I am, as I can become and as I can change. Someone who loves me thru all my moods, good, bad or indifferent; A man who takes care of me when I am sick and loves me thru being scared holding me the whole time to make the bad go away. A man who shares all the chores willingly and when he sees I am doing way too much he takes the work away from me and finishes it telling me to rest and that "there is always tomorrow". He is a worker, responsible and trustworthy and he is MY HUSBAND!

Old 05-13-2012, 03:57 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
What would the perfect marriage be like according to you? Don't be afraid to ramble on.

There is no perfect marriage!
What is relies on 2 people making a go of it and dealing with the residual
Like another thread stated “What in common do you have in your so“
Having the world in common is wonderful, key, it does not mean that .a couple will have everlasting happiness.
People will argue for whatever reasons it is coming to terms with the reality that couples fight, there is no actual recipe but the reality that strife will happen and in my opinion every couple will never agree 100% of the time it is how a couple deals with the strife that actually determines the longitivity of a relationship

Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Exactly. And anyone who would be naive enough to ask about a "perfect" marriage has never been married or been out in the world much.

Perfection is an impossible standard. There is no perfect marriage. Ever.
You say that because in your mind, 'perfect' means there is no conflict.

No one is saying, "Describe the conflict-free marriage in which nothing bad ever happens."

They are asking to describe the perfect marriage.

Maybe that describes how someone deals with interpersonal conflict.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
there is no such thing as a perfect marriage........ every marriage has flaws.
True & it's important to remember that.
Still, it's also important to consider the ideal to work toward.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:01 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
love,support, never getting bored, faithfulness,stablity, being content, fun, ecstasy?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,126 times
Fun, friendship, monogamy, attraction, morals, adventurous, hot intimacy, desire for one another, emotional support, financial growth and stability. It look something like that. *Most importantly the ability to accept your partners flaws and shortcomings while finding a way to appreciate their strengths.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:53 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
I'm gonna need lots of joyful, passionate sex, the preservation of my independence as a person, laughter, honesty, debate/discussion, respect for each other's interests and goals, the knowledge that we have each other's backs no matter the bumps that come down the road, kindness toward each other, pleasure in each other's company.

How'd I do?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 PM

71 posts, read 156,170 times
Mutual respect, open communication, affection, intimacy, and forgiveness. Seems pretty simple to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships