Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:38 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times

Advertisements

I've been on both match and POF and have had good and bad situations on both but honestly worst on match than POF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 11:12 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I have tried all the big dating sites at one time or another, and I also pull tail at the gym, the beach, the pool, bars/clubs, restaurants (waitresses/bartenders), and random everyday places like grocery stores. I'm qualified to opine on what is worth your time and what isn't, and this is the bottom line on the big dating sites:

Match: Definitely the classiest, most well-rounded chicks online. Probably because of its monthly fee, Match attracts chicks who are more successful and career-oriented than POF does. They also don't seem to have the "must get married immediately" mentality that you find with the women on eHarmony. If you are bringing something to the table (Match is NOT the site for dudes who take shirtless cellphone camera pics in their bathroom mirrors) you can find anything from casual sex to a promising LTR on Match. Best of all, the chicks you meet on there will be normal enough for you to introduce them to your friends without being embarrassed.

eHarmony: The chicks here are generally nice girls who aren't trashy, but this is NOT the place to go to get laid. For one thing, you have to pass a series of compatability tests and exchange several messages before you can even see a girl's picture. That is ridiculous. What if you are "compatible" with a girl based on eHarmony's esoteric algorithms but she turns out to be a fat cow? I don't have time to waste on such nonsense. The chicks here want one thing: To get a ring on their finger and FAST. If that's what you're looking for, knock yourself out. Me, I have better uses of my time.

POF: Might as well be a who's who of chicks who couldn't make the cut on Match. VERY easy place to get laid. 90% of the chicks will have a line in their profile (often in all caps) about how they aren't looking for a booty call or FWB and they don't do one night stands, but trust me, that goes out the window when you meet them and they see that you're a few cuts above the other idiots who e-mail them with tattoos on their necks and bathroom mirror pics. You have to at least pretend you're looking for a relationship if you want to score here with regularity, but beyond that, it doesn't take much effort at all.

Craigslist: The Internet equivalent of a dive bar at closing time. No need for pretenses here, everyone knows what everyone else wants and no one even tries to hide it. Post a picture of your junk, wait for a suitable response, then do your business. Looking for an LTR here is like looking for an LTR in the red light district, but if you're just looking for sex and you can't be bothered to make an effort to get it, there is no better place online.
Couldn't agree more! ^^^^^^^^

Roommate really did it this time!
Some girl he brings over( he met her at the bar) hooks me up with her girlfriend.
She's married with kids(didn't know about kids till after the deed).
She's still married to this guy and she keeps coming over every other nite.
Now im getting pretty scared.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 AM

180 posts, read 408,966 times
you meet crazy people online or in person... just because you met them on the computer doesn't mean they're a creeper and just because you met them in person doesn't mean they're "normal".

i did meet someone on CL about three years ago... turned out to be a good FWB but nothing more. haven't tried it since then though.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,048 times
I got involved with a man in another city who had a really sad "heartbroken" ad on craigslist.
Our relationship blossomed and I fell in love with him although there were red flags ...
we were talking about getting engaged when I found out he was still posting ads.
He said he had done it "accidentally." I forgave him and he took the ad off.
Yesterday (three weeks later) I decided to check, and there his ad was, right on the top of the albuquerque men for women
ads. So I went nuclear on him and am now history. He said he was SO LONELY in the ad!! Please we were on the phone all
the time. Well he is a lot lonelier now.
Don't do Craigslist. IT's the worst.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:47 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Brought another chick home last nite.
She was hotter than the other chick!
Although after talking to her for 10 mins i came realized she was a total loon.
Take that as an indication. It's a real crap shoot, from what I'm told. Some of the women there are for rent, and they're not the ones collecting the rent, if you know what I mean. There are syndicates that work this type of venue.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:47 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
gross. i would never in a million years pick some random man up off the web and then screw him. people don't cares what they do anymore or who they do it with.

*anyone read those CL ads (OMG) and still pick up a person off there, very questionable.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
gross. i would never in a million years pick some random man up off the web and then screw him. people don't cares what they do anymore or who they do it with.

*anyone read those CL ads (OMG) and still pick up a person off there, very questionable.
Is NJ like that? It sure isn't like that here in the Washington, DC area. It's very difficult to meet anyone.

It's been years since I read craigslist ads for dating. For the record I never contacted anyone. Craigslist is great for many things but from what I remember reading dating is not one of them. Who knows maybe I'm wrong about that. However, I would advise anyone to be extra careful on that site.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
One of my best female friends I met on Craigslist about 3 years ago while at home studying for exams.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

You're not supposed to just screw him right away. You're supposed to have some drinks first or something, and if you like him after that (I'm sure you know if you like a guy within the first 5 minutes of meeting him), then feel free to screw. If you're not comfortable with that, wait until you're a few dates in before getting down to business.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 PM

545 posts, read 908,616 times
Ewww @ Craigslist personals...I feel as if I need a course of antibiotics if I simply click on it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships