Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2024, 12:21 PM

55 posts, read 50,151 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what type of construction/renovation they are planning for the neighborhood market on HWY 55 in Cary? (Near High House). Signs/barriers are up in part of the parking lot that look to be storing materials and surveyors were out there this week. Thinking there might be some exterior work in addition to interior if they had to get new surveys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 12:25 PM

369 posts, read 230,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagk View Post
Anyone know what type of construction/renovation they are planning for the neighborhood market on HWY 55 in Cary? (Near High House). Signs/barriers are up in part of the parking lot that look to be storing materials and surveyors were out there this week. Thinking there might be some exterior work in addition to interior if they had to get new surveys?
I don't know but I did just discover this location recently. The store is setup entirely differently from the one on Davis Drive. It would be nice if they are trying to create some consistency between locations.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:32 PM

387 posts, read 437,366 times
They are overhauling the Apex (full-size) location too.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:42 PM

43,343 posts, read 77,198,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
I don't know but I did just discover this location recently. The store is setup entirely differently from the one on Davis Drive. It would be nice if they are trying to create some consistency between locations.
As first tenant, Walmart had more input on the Davis Drive location.
The HWY 55 store was originally built out for Kroger and is over 10,000SF larger.

Different owners.

Makes it more difficult to duplicate layouts, which every retailer would prefer.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:20 PM

4,305 posts, read 5,996,544 times
Interior remodel, new exterior signage, and roof replacement.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:32 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,836,112 times
I heard one of the ladies last week saying they are getting more self checkouts and since they never and I mean ever have more than one registere manned (and you're lucky if there's one manned) this change is way overdue. The one in Morrisville has about 10 self checkouts.

Old Today, 12:05 PM

369 posts, read 230,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I heard one of the ladies last week saying they are getting more self checkouts and since they never and I mean ever have more than one registere manned (and you're lucky if there's one manned) this change is way overdue. The one in Morrisville has about 10 self checkouts.
Its hard to beat that store for a quick grocery run. Walmart doesn't have all of my favorite products but its never that busy and easy to get in/out of.

Old Today, 06:21 PM

9,149 posts, read 14,780,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
As first tenant, Walmart had more input on the Davis Drive location.
The HWY 55 store was originally built out for Kroger and is over 10,000SF larger.

Different owners.

Makes it more difficult to duplicate layouts, which every retailer would prefer.
And the Davis Drive building was originally slated to be a Winn Dixie, but they went bankrupt while the steel was sitting in the parking lot. They eventually put it up and subdivided the building into an Ace Hardware and about 1/3 a cold dark shell that never got rented. So, they didn’t even get to dictate their footprint there either.

I still miss that Ace sometimes and am kind of surprised no one has opened one in the area. There’s a decent piece of land up at McCrimmon Corners that feels like it would just be big enough.

Old Today, 07:45 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,836,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
And the Davis Drive building was originally slated to be a Winn Dixie, but they went bankrupt while the steel was sitting in the parking lot. They eventually put it up and subdivided the building into an Ace Hardware and about 1/3 a cold dark shell that never got rented. So, they didn’t even get to dictate their footprint there either.

I still miss that Ace sometimes and am kind of surprised no one has opened one in the area. There’s a decent piece of land up at McCrimmon Corners that feels like it would just be big enough.
I miss that Ace also, but the one on Cary Parkway and Old Apex is not too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary