Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 05:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 3,754,118 times

Advertisements

I know most experienced a bad storm this week. My Spectrum service was out close to 30 hours. Did anyone with Google keep service throughout the entire time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 06:16 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,875,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I know most experienced a bad storm this week. My Spectrum service was out close to 30 hours. Did anyone with Google keep service throughout the entire time?
Is your Spectrum service line coax cable or Fiber...? Why ask only about Google and not AT&T..?
You should call Spectrum to request billing credit for the hours you were without service. It won't be much but they still owe you something. I have T-Mobile 5G wireless Internet and had no issues during the storm.

Old 01-11-2024, 06:45 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,748,556 times
We have Google and asked another person who has Google in another part of town and I don't think Google Fiber has ever gone down in the 5 years we've had it. Very reliable service.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:14 AM

4 posts, read 3,000 times
My Google fiber went down for an hour or 2 yesterday morning after the storm, around 6am. But that outage was rare. It’s a very good, redundant service. Much better than my experience with ATT or Spectrum.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:43 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,875,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15440 View Post
My Google fiber went down for an hour or 2 yesterday morning after the storm, around 6am. But that outage was rare. It’s a very good, redundant service. Much better than my experience with ATT or Spectrum.
I can get either Spectrum coax or AT&T fiber service but Google isn't available in our neighborhood and I'm not sure if it ever will be at this point. Spectrum just announced another rate increase so I'm glad I dumped them in 2022 and never looked back.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I can get either Spectrum coax or AT&T fiber service but Google isn't available in our neighborhood and I'm not sure if it ever will be at this point. Spectrum just announced another rate increase so I'm glad I dumped them in 2022 and never looked back.

I got Spectrum to reduce my internet/phone package a few months back and they did. Now paying 65 bucks for the two. I would never use ATT again the customer service is awful. Reason I asked about Google because they are now available in my neighborhood and while I have no problem with the current cost and speed with Spectrum the service has become less than reliable. Google is faster and the cost for internet and phone would only be 15 bucks more a month. I have to ask my neighbor across the street if they lost service. They are the only one on the street who has it now.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:19 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,987,730 times
My Google Fiber was down, but only because my power was out for nine hours. Otherwise no issues with it, came right back up when the power did at 2:30am.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:20 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,618,413 times
I've had Google Fiber going on 4 years now - can't recall a single outage that took longer than a few minutes to resolve. And that only has happened a few times. During the storm I lost power for 3.5 hours, if Google Fiber went down at all it was back up by the time the power came back. Honestly, Google Fiber is the most reliable internet I've ever had, bar none - you couldn't pay me to switch.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
My Google Fiber was down, but only because my power was out for nine hours. Otherwise no issues with it, came right back up when the power did at 2:30am.
I never lost power.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:31 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,987,730 times
The most significant outage I've had was due to their crappy microtrenching installation technique. It all got destroyed when my street was getting repaved, so Google was out there in the middle of the night patching things back together by hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: