Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 02:11 PM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanFischlerHockE View Post
Find a new job and tell your employee to go take a hike. I cant imagine ever doing that for my employer.
I'm 66 years old & this is the best job I've ever had. No way I'm leaving. I'm there until I retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 02:23 PM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times
I just saw an online article that some of their pharmacists in Kansas City stopped work a couple of days. Their CEO babbled about trying to get help, etc, etc.

Frustration is very high when professionals take such action.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:31 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
I just saw an online article that some of their pharmacists in Kansas City stopped work a couple of days. Their CEO babbled about trying to get help, etc, etc.

Yep.
I feel for these folks, pharmacists and techs. And, then I struggle to get meds, and just have to address that frustration at the point of contact.
I spent most of the day Friday trying to figure out what to do to get a new prescription.

And, a fair amount on Thursday on one I was out of.
And, one I had one last tablet left.
For the one which I was out of, Walgreens' prescription interface claimed an insurance delay.
Insurance said, "No. Not really."
So, I called Walgreens again as they had let me run out of BP meds and to my last antibiotic last week. Tech told me she "Went in and fixed it," whatever that means. And, my antibiotic prescription was ready.

Something just doesn't add up, but there is no point in beating up on people who just don't have the proper system or support to do their jobs efficiently. So much wasted time and effort to only create customer dissatisfaction. So much trust lost.
I am fairly coherent and focused. Someone with focus issues and without support could lose the rest of their mind with this crapola.

Old 01-08-2024, 03:22 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
The Walgreens drive through in Garner is closed all of the time. Frequently have to go in.

After my mother got out of the hospital we had her meds sent to the CVS in Hollysprings (South Park Village). For three days there was no attending pharmacist at all. Other customers also came in, and the manager told each of them they didn't have one. We chatted for a bit about how surprising that was and yet CVS still allowed prescriptions to be sent there?! We had to call the hospital and have her prescriptions sent someplace else (which was not easy surprisingly). Have no idea how many days that particular CVS didn't have a pharmacist.

I may be mistaken, but CVS should have been able to transfer those prescriptions to another pharmacy of your choice.

Old 01-08-2024, 04:42 PM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Yep.
I feel for these folks, pharmacists and techs. And, then I struggle to get meds, and just have to address that frustration at the point of contact.
I spent most of the day Friday trying to figure out what to do to get a new prescription.

And, a fair amount on Thursday on one I was out of.
And, one I had one last tablet left.
For the one which I was out of, Walgreens' prescription interface claimed an insurance delay.
Insurance said, "No. Not really."
So, I called Walgreens again as they had let me run out of BP meds and to my last antibiotic last week. Tech told me she "Went in and fixed it," whatever that means. And, my antibiotic prescription was ready.

Something just doesn't add up, but there is no point in beating up on people who just don't have the proper system or support to do their jobs efficiently. So much wasted time and effort to only create customer dissatisfaction. So much trust lost.
I am fairly coherent and focused. Someone with focus issues and without support could lose the rest of their mind with this crapola.

I wonder if your experiences are store dependent..? I've never had an issue with the Walgreens that I use except for a prescription toothpaste that I get which they normally don't stock but they can get it within three days. I went there today and they had two people working the pharmacy counter and one the drive through. For routine long term prescriptions you might want to consider mail order for automatic 90-day refills so you'll never run out. The insurance I used to have actually required using mail order after the initial one or two refills allowed at the local pharmacy.

Old 01-08-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I wonder if your experiences are store dependent..? I've never had an issue with the Walgreens that I use except for a prescription toothpaste that I get which they normally don't stock but they can get it within three days. I went there today and they had two people working the pharmacy counter and one the drive through. For routine long term prescriptions you might want to consider mail order for automatic 90-day refills so you'll never run out. The insurance I used to have actually required using mail order after the initial one or two refills allowed at the local pharmacy.

I believe my experiences are store dependent, yes.

Old 01-09-2024, 04:40 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:

After 2 years at Walgreens, I would jump back to CVS from Walgreens in a heartbeat, but CVS is not a preferred provider at this time.
Walgreens here is terrible, the rudest most incompetent people I have ever encountered in a pharmacy. CVS is better but not by a lot. My best experience has been with Kroger pharmacy - quick, efficient, helpful.

I am sure this varies greatly by regional and store management.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Walgreens here is terrible, the rudest most incompetent people I have ever encountered in a pharmacy. CVS is better but not by a lot. My best experience has been with Kroger pharmacy - quick, efficient, helpful.

Quote:
I believe my experiences are store dependent, yes.
I generally try to operate from the perspective of "Good people caught up in a terrible system."
It helps me through a lot of things, particularly in the medical services sphere. I absorb a fair amount of stress and duress.
Until things get egregious.

It is best if I am not triggered into aggressive "burn the ships" advocacy, which is truly most likely to happen if I decide to speak up for my wife.

Old 01-09-2024, 05:58 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

There are no Kroger stores around here anymore.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:59 AM

13,705 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
I might have taken my business to Harris Teeter, but no drive through and a lonnnng walk from parking lot to the pharmacy.
But, right now, HT is still a consideration.
My experience with both Walgreens and CVS pharmacy drive throughs has been so spotty that I wouldn't even consider drive through convenience a factor unless I had impaired mobility. HT seems nice enough, and I'd imagine is somewhat run on Kroger's systems, that I'd consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post

There was an extensive conversation about it a month or two ago on 1A (NPR Program.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary