Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 04:33 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,359,656 times

Advertisements

Weaver Street also has online ordering now. I know a lot of the cashiers there and they are not happy with how a small minority of the customers are not covering and not social distancing.

I highly recommend the farmer's markets, outside in the fresh air!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 04:35 PM

716 posts, read 1,041,815 times
One of my coworkers had a hacking cough for several weeks in January. I thought at any moment they were going to hack up a Lung - not much of an exaggeration. I could only think pneumonia would be a Sunday drive compared to that thing. Wondering if covid is what they had.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:52 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,875,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Its that old catch-22. If you do X to prevent Y and then Y doesn't happen, did it not happen because you did X?
The old Y2K counter-argument in all its folly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
two confirmed cases of COVID in cats, yes cats in NYS. Two different areas of the state.
Watching this on the news now, as in front of our place people and their animals are mixing all day, every day. So I guess we shall see. I personally don’t have a good feeling about this, that it’s a ticking time bomb.

Let’s see at 7pm how Cooper deals with the pressure to reopen, I hope we’re a lot smarter than GA and VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marialidia View Post
I was at the end of an aisle, there was a woman coming toward me, and when I said as nicely as possible, "let's do six feet" she countered, "For %$^# sakes, we're all covered up".
That is so not on – I hope you stick to your guns, I know I will if this happens to me. It's one thing to be arrogant, it's another when someone's arrogance impacts me. If there were only an Ignore function IRL....

Old 04-22-2020, 04:55 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
The old Y2K argument in all its folly.

Watching this on the news now, as in front of our place people and their animals are mixing all day, every day. So I guess we shall see. I personally don’t have a good feeling about this, that it’s a ticking time bomb.
Let’s see at 7pm how Cooper deals with the pressure to reopen, I hope we’re a lot smarter than GA and VA.

That is so not on – I hope you stick to your guns, I know I will if this happens to me.

I hope Coop goes with the 2 week delay.

Let Kemp "I didn't know until a month after everyone with an internet connection knew it could transmit from asymptomatic persons" and GA get two weeks ahead of us. Let them be the guinea pig if there has to be one.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:03 PM

715 posts, read 890,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gball721 View Post
One of my coworkers had a hacking cough for several weeks in January. I thought at any moment they were going to hack up a Lung - not much of an exaggeration. I could only think pneumonia would be a Sunday drive compared to that thing. Wondering if covid is what they had.
not Covid here in January but possible if Washington,NY or CA. 435k passed through our airports until a ban went to effect so no wonder we are struggling. With our Southern States opening we will feel their mistakes.

Old 04-22-2020, 09:00 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,875,414 times
Not a local thing but the combination of Redfield's (probably coerced) awkward walkback and Bright's dismissal leaves one really distrusting anything that's being said unless it's Fauci or people out of the country.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:31 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,648,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I hope Coop goes with the 2 week delay.

Let Kemp "I didn't know until a month after everyone with an internet connection knew it could transmit from asymptomatic persons" and GA get two weeks ahead of us. Let them be the guinea pig if there has to be one.
Cooper will present his plan for "reopening" the state today at a 3:00 PM press conference.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:20 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,062,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Not a local thing but the combination of Redfield's (probably coerced) awkward walkback and Bright's dismissal leaves one really distrusting anything that's being said unless it's Fauci or people out of the country.

That walkback was super awkward and cringe worthy.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:21 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,614,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Cooper will present his plan for "reopening" the state today at a 3:00 PM press conference.
It just feels too early to do it at the end of April. My perception may be skewed because I'm following the NY/NJ situation so closely. I wonder what he'll loosen. I have no sense of time anymore but weren't we just told in Durham County to wear masks?

Old 04-23-2020, 06:24 AM

7,191 posts, read 6,842,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
two confirmed cases of COVID in cats, yes cats in NYS. Two different areas of the state.

So this virus can cause fever, aches, hallucinations, severe respiratory distress including death, blood clots, rash, more than one person has described as "like it knows my weaknesses" and can jump from species to species but it just came out of nowhere a few months ago. OKEY DOKEY.

Excuse me while I go re-read The Stand.
Yep. It seems to be causing strokes, especially for those in their 30's (like me ) and 40's.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/healt...lts/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary