Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I mean I too wondered what you were talking about -- you're making North Hills sound like some kind of "bad side of the tracks" part of town. His response is basically what cross my mind as well when I read your words so maybe you need to rethink your phrasing.

Also this is how a forum works, he's quoting specific things in your post that perplexed him. You're getting rather offended by people commenting on what you said. It's in your post. Take a breather.
Thanks O Enlightened One. You can read it as 'offended' if you like, your prerogative. Facts is facts, no need to get emotional or pontifical about it. And it is not 'people' only one person commented in a way that negatively characterized and misquoted what I wrote, which was nothing more that an actual account of the reality of the area since the start of the summer.

Edit: To add, I think I'm a good citizen on this forum, I don't stir the s***, always try to be factual and constructive and informative and helpful, and I don't cotton to having my intent twisted; if it happens, I will be up in your grill.

I don't need to rephrase anything - and here, let me help you with this, it's all in the nuance:
sometimes loudly and late at night, cruising cars at all hours circling that tiny 16th mile course desperately try to get noticed, There are times I drive by it where it looks like a seedy place.

Simple facts - don't believe me, go and fact check it yourself.

Here's more nuance - NH is changing. It is not some ghetto, but it appears very much to be on a slight but noticeable decline that started before Covid.

And FTR, drove through there about an hour ago - looked almost like a pre-Covid Friday night and nothing like a Sunday night when I lived there not too long ago. Not sure when but Kings Bowling alley reopened and people were everywhere, and there was a queue at Level 7. This is not the NH of only a couple years ago.

Now go read PSI's post.

Last edited by Repatriot; 09-27-2020 at 07:58 PM..

Old 09-28-2020, 05:57 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
just so I understand ...

are we talking the "circle" that is in front of the Chik-fil-A? Or the "circle" behind Chuy's? Or some "circle" around Rosewater/Cowfish?

Old 09-28-2020, 06:28 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
just so I understand ...

are we talking the "circle" that is in front of the Chik-fil-A? Or the "circle" behind Chuy's? Or some "circle" around Rosewater/Cowfish?
By Rosewater/Cowfish if we are talking about Kings/Level 7

Old 09-28-2020, 06:56 AM

1,326 posts, read 722,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
just so I understand ...

The "paltry fake grass substitute for a park" had me wondering too since I thought the only one like that was over by Chick-fil-A.

Whatever the case, for better or worse, NH certainly has changed a tremendous amount in a very short period of time, so it's no wonder it might be experiencing some growing pains. But given the overall area, like the neighborhoods around it off Lassiter Mill, I can't imagine it really going downhill. Same goes for Cameron Village which was mentioned earlier. At least not more than anywhere else during this bizarro time. Those areas are pretty solid.

Last edited by ITB_OG; 09-28-2020 at 07:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary