Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:48 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,331,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I heard plucking that chicken.
He apologized the next night - he "misspoke".

Old 02-10-2018, 05:54 PM

22,750 posts, read 37,020,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
He apologized the next night - he "misspoke".
When your co-anchor who is sitting right next to you looks like she swallowed the chicken whole, it's pretty clear what he said.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:13 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,982,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
When your co-anchor who is sitting right next to you looks like she swallowed the chicken whole, it's pretty clear what he said.
I didn't hear plucking.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:16 PM

269 posts, read 323,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Kelsey Carlson? She went to Fox 9 in Minneapolis.

They had her on Adam & Joe recently when the Vikings were in the super bowl playoffs.
Yeh, she and Michelle Marsh made a great team in the morning. It has been downhill ever since.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:18 PM

420 posts, read 454,228 times
Quote:
No! It was ABC News! It was hilarious!

I remember the "******* the chicken" one, I saw that live.

I also saw the lady flash her boobs on the Today Show live, and will never forget the look on Matt Lauer's face (in retrospect, he probably got her number later).

Also remember Sue Simmons dropping the F-Bomb on Chuck Scarborough during a tease she didn't realize was live. Always loved those two.

Also NSFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAMDhVT50I

For those not from NY these two were a legendary anchor team in NYC for many, many years. She was known for having a few between broadcasts.
Man, I remember this vividly. They were a great match. She just let it rip sometimes and I haven’t enjoyed a 6:00 broadcast since she left. I can’t seem to settle on which news team I dislike the least down here but I am a fan of Fishel.

MY all-time favorite news team was on when I was much younger...WABC-TV in NY...Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel. Grimsby was such a curmudgeon with a dry sense of humor. Anyone remember them? Oh the faces he made! I just dated myself in a big way!

Old 02-10-2018, 06:29 PM

7,850 posts, read 4,603,847 times
I always enjoy these TV news threads if only for the fact that if wagering were involved, the over/under of WNCN even being mentioned is usually two. Money in the bank taking the under.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:23 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,489,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I always enjoy these TV news threads if only for the fact that if wagering were involved, the over/under of WNCN even being mentioned is usually two. Money in the bank taking the under.
If you count this comment, then it would be exactly at two.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 PM

22,750 posts, read 37,020,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Love View Post
MY all-time favorite news team was on when I was much younger...WABC-TV in NY...Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel. Grimsby was such a curmudgeon with a dry sense of humor. Anyone remember them? Oh the faces he made! I just dated myself in a big way!
Yup, and Roseanne Scamardella who once gave the finger to a cameraman when she thought she was off air. Roseann Roseannadanna on SNL was based on her. Remember Tex Antoine, the weatherman? He got in trouble and was booted in favor of Storm Field.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:47 PM

420 posts, read 454,228 times
Quote:
Yup, and Roseanne Scamardella who once gave the finger to a cameraman when she thought she was off air. Roseann Roseannadanna on SNL was based on her. Remember Tex Antoine, the weatherman? He got in trouble and was booted in favor of Storm Field.
Yes. All true! Remember it all.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:55 PM

2,681 posts, read 2,932,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
WNCN is about as low budget as it gets for a news broadcast on a major network ... Even the set and the graphics look low budget. I even watch TWC News before WNCN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary