Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times

Advertisements

[quote=VickiR;32883331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
When you find out, please let me know. I always wondered how people with terrible credit can buy a house with little down but my English husband and myself (US) are required to put 40% down since we dont have 2 years of tax returns. Plenty of money in the bank, great credit, pay all of our bills on time, good income.[/QUOTE

My lender used to say there are 3 things that determine if a person can buy a home...having a job, having a small amount of cash to put down and having good credit. In years' past, you could get by with having 2 out of the 3. Today? You need all 3.

Vicki

My husband has had all 3 since moving here two years ago but he was working from the UK so his taxes were being taken there. That was the reason they were requiring 40%. It is ok, it was a good thing really because we might have already bought a home in Florida then needed to relocated to NC and would have had a house here to sell. Turned out to be a blessing but still frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
I'm wondering about the tent/living quarters that have been set up in the trees on Western - where 440 and Western intersect. Going toward Cary after the Food Lion look to your right where the 440 exits merge onto Western. But I've never seen any people there.
I'm curious...Is it near the K-Mart?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Going toward Cary it's just before the K-Mart, on the same side of the street.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times
I just saw this at a glance today and thought someone had 'lost' items from their truck (though it seemed a little far back for that). Glad you posted this!

Old 01-05-2014, 03:47 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Its all ways a wonderful day when you have to travel Capital Boulevard in the opposite direction of the masses that use it each day! Awwww, the simple pleasures of life sometimes just reach up and touch you while you are driving watching all the headlights coming at you on the other side of the road.......That my friends is my triangle random thought for today!

Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM

379 posts, read 517,424 times
While I was shoveling snow and breaking up the ice yesterday and today, I was day dreaming about my future move to the Triangle area. I'am really looking forward to not dealing with the snow and with having to use cheap Chinese made snow removal products.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times
I cannot wait to move to Raleigh at the end of the month. I know you guys are sick of transplants but I promise to be a good positive influence to your community.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:05 PM

35 posts, read 77,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomitillo26 View Post
While I was shoveling snow and breaking up the ice yesterday and today, I was day dreaming about my future move to the Triangle area. I'am really looking forward to not dealing with the snow and with having to use cheap Chinese made snow removal products.
Same here. I spent five minutes walking from my car to my apartment in subzero temperatures and all I could think was how I'm going to hopefully be moving to Chapelboro in a few months for graduate school, and all of this suffering will be worth it. These next few months can't go by soon enough.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
I cannot wait to move to Raleigh at the end of the month. I know you guys are sick of transplants but I promise to be a good positive influence to your community.
I don't think anyone would knock a person who wants to be a positive influence.

I hope your move goes smoothly!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:39 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
We're happy to have anyone who wants to be positive! welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary