Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 07:31 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,496,311 times

Advertisements

Wow, thanks for the suggestions all. That Guardian Ad Litem looks perfect actually, wow. I looked at the meetup group too, serving dinner at the men's shelter! Amazing. Y'all helped tremendously I do love volunteering, next September I'm spending 4 weeks in Arusha Tanzania volunteering at an orphanage. What an experience that will be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 02:34 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,923,964 times
NC State Fair almost here. I checked out one of new rides at the fairgrounds earlier today..."The State Fair Flyer" You'll be able to ride from one end of the fair to the other high above the lights and crowds I'm getting in free this year finally! I'm 65 this year

Old 09-18-2016, 04:51 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
Fun fact:

After Kmart closes its Burlington store later this year (announcement was made a few days ago), there will be no Kmart stores between Raleigh and Clemmons.

They lack presence in Charlotte, Greensboro, and Durham, and they're hanging by a thread in Raleigh.

Surprisingly, Jacksonville still has two stores.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:31 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,724,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Fun fact:

After Kmart closes its Burlington store later this year (announcement was made a few days ago), there will be no Kmart stores between Raleigh and Clemmons.

They lack presence in Charlotte, Greensboro, and Durham, and they're hanging by a thread in Raleigh.

That Kmart is still open? I went to Elon over a decade ago and it was falling apart inside then. I distinctly remember their customer service sign inside reading "Cus_omer Service" because a letter fell off the wall.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:42 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
That Kmart is still open? I went to Elon over a decade ago and it was falling apart inside then. I distinctly remember their customer service sign inside reading "Cus_omer Service" because a letter fell off the wall.
Yes. It got downgraded from a Super Kmart a few years back.

I believe this one dates from the mid 1990s, and looks almost identical to the store that was in Garner.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:06 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
The only K Mart I've ever been too is the sketchy one on Blue Ridge in Raleigh. I saw it was still there a few months ago when I went to the $1.50 theater there. Is that the only one left in Raleigh?

Old 09-19-2016, 01:16 AM

610 posts, read 745,728 times
No, there's one on Six Forks. We go every few months. It would be more often if it was closer.

I know it's not a high-end store, but personally, I love K-Mart clothes. They offer stuff for women who aren't either 16 and skinny as a rail or granny clothes.

If this one closes, and I guess it will, I'll be sad. It's hard to find nice clothes that aren't either junk or super over-priced.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:25 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Fun fact:

Jacksonville will probably lose one of their stores during this latest round of closings. Jacksonville, Morehead City, Wilmington and Goldsboro are the only ones remaining east of I-95. Greenville and Rocky Mount have already lost theirs.

I was in Goldsboro last week and stopped by the Kmart there for the first time since 2009 and I couldn't believe how far they had declined since I had last been there. They really cut corners and it's not as busy as it once was. I'll be surprised if Goldsboro's store survives this round of closings. The one here in Danville is even worse.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:31 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
No, there's one on Six Forks. We go every few months. It would be more often if it was closer.

I know it's not a high-end store, but personally, I love K-Mart clothes. They offer stuff for women who aren't either 16 and skinny as a rail or granny clothes.

If this one closes, and I guess it will, I'll be sad. It's hard to find nice clothes that aren't either junk or super over-priced.
That store on Six Forks was really nice when I stopped there in 2008.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:24 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,923,964 times
It's still petty nice. I shop there some, and they still have a fair amount of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary