Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 03:09 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times

Advertisements

A group of 6 women are going out to dinner on Hargett tomorrow night. We'd like to walk to a few bars/nightspots after that. Any recommendations for places that are age-appropriate and not packed and loud? What is upstairs at what used to be the Mint?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 04:26 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Solas is the first thought that I have. I'd be interested to see what ideas others have.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Foundation or The Fox Liquor Lounge could be appropriate. They are much quieter. Solas - top floor only. But they'd be driving or cabbing there. I assume the OP wants downtown Raleigh.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:53 AM

34 posts, read 44,478 times
It depends a little on the time that you will be out--Before 10:30, most places aren't that loud or packed. After 10:30 places start to fill up, noise gets louder, etc.

Regardless, Busy Bee is a good place that usually has people of all ages and it's big enough that it doesn't feel cramped. I agree with the above post that Fox's and Foundation definitely are 2 of the quieter bars downtown, but personally, I've felt surrounded in both of them even when they weren't super busy. If you are out before 11, I would suggest the Oxford, Neptunes, and London Bridge as places that have an interesting vibe and won't be crazy yet.

One of the great things about downtown Raleigh is that very few places make you pay a cover charge, so ultimately you can just walk into a place, look around, and if it's not what you're looking for you can turn around and walk a few feet to the next place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary