Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 03:23 PM

449 posts, read 701,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFL View Post
Unfortunately, yes. But the people who voted in the newest board thought things would change. It's just more of the same. Exclusion, chaos and limbo. No one knows which way is up and which way is down anymore. How can any parent possibly feel comfortable and confident in the future of the school system?
I know! And it's been a whole month already… can't they fix the last two years in one month? C'mon board members, get with the program

Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 PM

109 posts, read 105,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblackey View Post
I know! And it's been a whole month already… can't they fix the last two years in one month? C'mon board members, get with the program
It's not a matter of fixing the last two years. It's a matter of the new board acting inappropriately by excluding some board members from meetings and also having in fighting amongst themselves, ensuring uncertainty and chaos.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 PM

182 posts, read 387,474 times
is this supposed to be a pot-kettle-black parody?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM

109 posts, read 105,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexWolfpacker View Post
is this supposed to be a pot-kettle-black parody?
Do two wrongs make a right or is it just okay to do wrong depending on who you support?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM

606 posts, read 735,567 times
We are still looking to relocate to Johnston County....and it is looking better and better everyday.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:33 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,320,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I'm not surprised they're debating the new plan. There were a lot of questions left unanswered when it was pushed through. My biggest question is how is this going to cut down on transportation costs? They never seemed to address that issue.
the county's costs of transportation are not that big of a figure, in the entire scheme of things. A great deal of the transportation budget comes from federal dollars. They're still your and my dollars, they've just gone through a couple of bureaucratic skimming layers first.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,320,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
I wonder just how many kids will be moving to different schools as a result of the new plan? It seems that most people will just stay where they are anyway.

If I were in the minority, I would be looking at ways to tweak the plan, not scrap it altogether.

Meanwhile, this is getting all the attention and other changes seem to go unnoticed. For example, last month my daughter came home from HS and said that their dance teacher had told her that all dance and drama teachers in middle schools (EXCEPT magnet schools) would be cut next year. I don't know how many teachers that involves, and I don't know if it was a proposal or a final decision, but it is pretty sad!
someone is lying here, because the school budget has been neither proposed nor approved.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:40 AM

351 posts, read 771,960 times
New Democratic school board member Jim Martin said Wednesday, "I think we are in a very awkward situation where to do nothing will create significant problems and to make changes will create significant problems."

Huh?

Nice going District 5 - but at least you got your party of choice elected.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 AM

351 posts, read 771,960 times
Quote:
Do two wrongs make a right or is it just okay to do wrong depending on who you support?
According to WRAL - "There were some heated exchanges at Tuesday's meeting when board member Debra Goldman learned that new board members and Hill had met with education consultant Michael Alves without alerting or including the rest of the board."

This kind of activity is in blatant violation of AdvancED requirements to keep accreditation.

But maybe it's tolerated now because the donkeys are in charge.

Where's Big Willie when we need him?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:40 AM

182 posts, read 387,474 times
Quote:
my view is that the new board was elected to undo much of the changes the prior board enacted and also that the prior board sort of "snuck up" on voters last time but not this time.

I don't see it as two wrongs. I see it as a big wrong by the prior board that needs to be undone.

this is how democracy functions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary