Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:16 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,153,717 times

Advertisements

BLB hits it on the head. Us reputable builders are too busy to pick up the peices and do have customers who chose us over HD to look after, that isnt sour grapes but imagine how you would feel. Also the nightmare of taking over someone else's screw ups, would be just that, a nightmare. A lot of the subs HD used came up from Lee County and only worked weekends, make of that what you want but I know what it meant.

i have already met or spoken to 3 or 4 HD 'sufferers' just to try and offer help and advice, (As to be fair have DM Dean)

as i said earlier, watch for the next one, I am meeting one of their 'victims' tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 11:30 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,202,620 times
The problem with 50 homes in various states of disrepair is it also could effect property values in the area, not to mention the bad publicity as "word gets around." It's in everyone's interests to find a way to help these people. Glad you are meeting with some of them to offer any advice you can.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:25 PM

102 posts, read 104,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
The problem with 50 homes in various states of disrepair is it also could effect property values in the area, not to mention the bad publicity as "word gets around." It's in everyone's interests to find a way to help these people. Glad you are meeting with some of them to offer any advice you can.
It's not going to effect values unless they sit for a year, or two, or more with nothing being done. Right now they are just unfinished houses and even if they do sit for a long time SGC is such a huge area that it will probably only effect the houses on the same street as any that do sit.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 PM

98 posts, read 96,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb078 View Post
It's not going to effect values unless they sit for a year, or two, or more with nothing being done. Right now they are just unfinished houses and even if they do sit for a long time SGC is such a huge area that it will probably only effect the houses on the same street as any that do sit.
That could mean 50 streets. How many streets in SGC?

Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 PM

102 posts, read 104,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnufGarage View Post
That could mean 50 streets. How many streets in SGC?
A lot more than 50, there's like 14,000 lots in there, no not everyone has house on it but stuff is pretty spread out, some streets are a couple miles long. In terms of actual lots it's probably the size of 8-10 normal "large" communities. I think south of Appleton there is probably around 50 alone and that is a small fraction of the actual size of the place. Even if all 50 houses where abandoned, which is highly unlikely they wouldn't effect the values of others houses in there unless your house was close to one of the abandoned homes.

What will more than likely happen is that those that somewhat far along will eventually get finished by someone and the ones that are not that far along the owner will either sell or unfortunately pay even more to have it done. There may be a couple left after that just sit but it wont be all 50. I've seen something similar happen when the recession hit, eventually some contractor will find a way to make some money off this and the homeowners as much as it will suck will pay even more for their house to get it finished.

Last edited by blb078; 12-09-2018 at 07:11 PM..

Old 01-18-2019, 01:26 PM

8 posts, read 5,383 times
Default who built you dock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRich View Post
Finally!

Boat lift canopy was installed today by Waterway Boat Lift Covers Inc..

Can't say enough nice things about this company either. They did a great job installing and cleaned up after, even washing my dock where they had tracked a bit of mud.

I swear, they are part monkeys! It was amazing to watch. Cover looks great.

Then, they had noticed my neighbors severely damaged canopy, it's one of their older models. Irma did a number on it and they haven't been able to take it down.

So, Waterways went ahead and removed it for them, without being asked, for free! Quality company and people.

Hello SgtRich .... been awhile ... how is the new home?

I am wondering what company you used to build your dock. I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte