Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 07:39 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,578,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
Taunting that took a first and goal-ish back to the 25 was a dumb thing to do, and then stretching with 3 defenders there ready to swat the ball away? Just control the ball and take the first down at the 2 yard line. Those two things done correctly could have made a much closer game, considering the defense kept Mahomes from scoring the entire second half. Embarrassing.

And the OC making Lamar try to a passer only was dumb. Lamar was at his best when no one knew what he was going to do. But obvious passing plays on nearly every down? Dumb.
Yep. It was bad enough he got called for taunting, but to compound it with that reaching for the goalpost crap was inexcusable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 10:51 AM

32,147 posts, read 34,807,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Yep. It was bad enough he got called for taunting, but to compound it with that reaching for the goalpost crap was inexcusable.
I don't blame him for that. It was a great defensive play. Of course, people blame him after the fact because it resulted in a turnover, but the reality is that guys dive for the end zone all the time and 99% of the time there isn't a turnover.

There's an alternate reality where he doesn't reach for the EZ and instead goes down at the 1 or 2 yard line. Then the Ravens get stonewalled on a couple of running plays and lose timeouts. Maybe they settle for a FG. Then people would be crying about him not having any heart because he didn't even make a token effort to score.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:37 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,578,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't blame him for that. It was a great defensive play. Of course, people blame him after the fact because it resulted in a turnover, but the reality is that guys dive for the end zone all the time and 99% of the time there isn't a turnover.

There's an alternate reality where he doesn't reach for the EZ and instead goes down at the 1 or 2 yard line. Then the Ravens get stonewalled on a couple of running plays and lose timeouts. Maybe they settle for a FG. Then people would be crying about him not having any heart because he didn't even make a token effort to score.
Disagree on the 99% of time comment. What happens 99% of the time if you protect the ball is you don't fumble. The amount of times players fumble in that situation is certainly more than what you're claiming. I remember reading an article something like four to five years ago where they actually had the ball fumbled out of the end zone 7 times in one year. Hence Belichick not allowing his players to do it. It's just an unnecessary risk that should not be taken

Old 01-29-2024, 07:20 PM

7,045 posts, read 11,347,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

I would agree except the Ravens are money from the one yard line, Gus the Bus or Lamar, we convert in those situations.

We hadn't played from behind literally all season, had the lead at the 2:00 mark in every game this season except Week 18 when we rested our starters. We didn't respond well to having to play from behind. It isn't what our team is built for, and individuals started to try and do too much, rather than trust the team.

It's a rough way to end a historically dominant year, but let's be frank. When I saw a former Super Bowl championship coach in Harbaugh dancing with his team in the locker room after beating a rookie QB in the divisional round, I knew we were in trouble this week. The Chiefs were locked in and made it a business trip. Kudos to them, hope the Ravens are back next year, although we know we don't have the money to keep that defense together and may lose our coordinator.

Old 01-30-2024, 08:19 AM

6,458 posts, read 4,951,548 times
6 runs for the best rushing team in football? The Bus was parked for almost the entire game? That fumble on the goal line, Sneed got the last laugh on that one. A big time blown opportunity.

Old 01-31-2024, 02:47 PM

7,045 posts, read 11,347,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
I would agree except the Ravens are money from the one yard line, Gus the Bus or Lamar, we convert in those situations.

We hadn't played from behind literally all season, had the lead at the 2:00 mark in every game this season except Week 18 when we rested our starters. We didn't respond well to having to play from behind. It isn't what our team is built for, and individuals started to try and do too much, rather than trust the team.

It's a rough way to end a historically dominant year, but let's be frank. When I saw a former Super Bowl championship coach in Harbaugh dancing with his team in the locker room after beating a rookie QB in the divisional round, I knew we were in trouble this week. The Chiefs were locked in and made it a business trip. Kudos to them, hope the Ravens are back next year, although we know we don't have the money to keep that defense together and may lose our coordinator.
.......and he's off to Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football