Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM

9,531 posts, read 9,853,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Its amazing how many "FANS" are posting now that the Jets are winning but after that 43 point loss this thread was quiet as can be. Its your typical bandwagon at it's best. The more they win the more they post.... damn shame
There are only 4 NFL teams left in contention. What do you expect the fans of the other 28 teams do? Not watch football anymore because their team is not in the playoffs?

I would expect that these four teams will get more fans as the team inches nearer to the SuperBowl. Plus a team could win new life-long fans because of what they have accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
There are only 4 NFL teams left in contention. What do you expect the fans of the other 28 teams do? Not watch football anymore because their team is not in the playoffs?

I would expect that these four teams will get more fans as the team inches nearer to the SuperBowl. Plus a team could win new life-long fans because of what they have accomplished.

Its not the "FANS" of other teams its the so called Jets "FANS". Look at the post count in the week right after they lost by 43 and then look since sunday at those who claim they are Jets fans and you tell me.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,124,537 times
I'm a Jets fan this week. I hate the Steelers and their arrogant fanbase (most of whom never set foot in Pittsburgh).

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I think the Steelers win this one. I hope I am wrong. Either way, should be a great game against two solid teams.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,084,567 times
Quote:
Its not the "FANS" of other teams its the so called Jets "FANS". Look at the post count in the week right after they lost by 43 and then look since sunday at those who claim they are Jets fans and you tell me.
Casual, daily, weekly, monthly, bandwagon jumper, embryonic fans,lol etc. Hey, they are all fans, to what degree, who really cares?!

Winning teams will have more traffic than not, the fact that everyone is not here posting to your satisfaction at any given point to be called a real fan according to your definition is sheer nonsense.

Geez, you've written several posts on this thread making reference to the same bull. Let it go already, it has no merit, in the end it's only a game, geez.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:51 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,003,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm a Jets fan this week. I hate the Steelers and their arrogant fanbase (most of whom never set foot in Pittsburgh).

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my beloved Giants didn't make it (still pissed that Seattle did and we didn't) but hey! Thats another thread. In the meantime I chose to root for the JETS as my 2nd team. In fact my slogan says so, 14 days ago ... There was a time in my life when the Jets were my #1 team, back in the 70's. Then my Dad took me to a NYG/DAL Mon night game and the Giants became my #1 team. Had a lot to do with Parcells. Guess were all here rooting for the Jets for different reasons.

EDIT: Next season when the Jets & Giants meet, this boy bleeds BLUE again...

Old 01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,409,931 times
Quote:
Are you saying it is only the Jets who have "bandwagon" fans?

Seems to me a few years back somebody named Dallas as "Americas team". How do people outside of Texas all of a sudden become Dallas fans unless they are just jumping on the 'Bandwagon"

I remember back in the 60's the Almighty Yankees had less than 400 people in the stands and their announcer got fired because he announced it on the air.
I guess the Yankees have their share of Bandwagon fans just like the Jets.
Of course the Steelers don't have any fans like that.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,617,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Of course the Steelers don't have any fans like that.

More than too many....LOL

Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,722,717 times
Fred, did you lead this chant? :P

A friend of mine on Staten Island couldn't get his car out for almost five days. Brutal.

Gang Green Fans Rally In Times Square Thursday, Send Jets Off To Pittsburgh With AFC Championship Pep Rally, Human Tunnel SaturdayCBS New York

Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,045,966 times
Quote:
Thats not true....hater.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:48 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,948,362 times
Quote:
I'm in NJ and there are tons of obnoxious Steelers fans around. I'd like to see them all shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Thats not true....hater.
Hmmm, and this coming from California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football