Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,764,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Nice Win JETS! ... Hope you get a shot @ Indy next. I believe you CAN beat them!

Cinderella??????
I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather play the Chargers next week. Either way, Rex will have the team believing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:51 PM

3,084 posts, read 7,271,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I don't 100% agree that they made stupid mistakes.

I honestly think the MAJORITY of illegal contact penalties against Revis were bad calls...many time the Receiver pushed off against him.

I think the tackling was below average. Many times Benson was "tackled" for lost yardage, only to slip away for positive yardage....

I was FUMING that Weatherford wasn't punting, however I didn't realize till this morning that it was an irregular heartbeat...the initial reports was that he was "sick"...I was like what the eff????

Thank you! Revis played a great game and got stupid calls against him. I guess the Refs didnt think a CB could be THAT GOOD.

Umm, and Feely did a good job of filling in for Weatherford as well as doing his job as kicker. So I feel he deserves some recognition.

I dont know who would be a tougher matchup for the Jets. Colts or Chargers?

I think we could beat Colts but Manning worries especially since I know he's extremely pissed off about that lost to us. And Chargers look like the the most challenging team in the playoffs right now.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,571,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

I think we could beat Colts but Manning worries especially since I know he's extremely pissed off about that lost to us. And Chargers look like the the most challenging team in the playoffs right now.
Looks like you're getting the Chargers next. Unbelievable how bad the Pats have looked.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,954,005 times
Another Whouda thunkit. . . . .Way to Go Jets! ! !

Old 01-10-2010, 04:32 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Unbelievable how bad the Pats have looked.
It was great seeing the Ravens/NE game decided by performance and not with any of those "I'm Tom Brady" penalty flags that always seem to benefit that team.

Last edited by Stripes17; 01-10-2010 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 01-10-2010, 04:59 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,011,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather play the Chargers next week. Either way, Rex will have the team believing....
This is crazy thinking......but........I can see the Jets beating SD and Balt beating Indy......

WHAT?!?! Another game @ the Meadowlands? ... Makes ya wanna scratch your head

Old 01-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Thank you! Revis played a great game and got stupid calls against him. I guess the Refs didnt think a CB could be THAT GOOD.

Umm, and Feely did a good job of filling in for Weatherford as well as doing his job as kicker. So I feel he deserves some recognition.

Feely did an awesome job under the circumstances. He absolutely deserves some kudos....

Look, no matter how you slice or dice it, its going to be a tough matchup whoever we play (now its the Chargers). The game is winnable. The "San-chise" can't force any turnovers and the line has to win the battle....I'm assuming Revis will cover Vincent Jackson most of the game??

Old 01-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
This is crazy thinking......but........I can see the Jets beating SD and Balt beating Indy......

Ya know, around the 3Q of the Pats game today, that scenerio crossed my mind....

IF that happens you can guarantee 3 things in life...

Death
Taxes
No alcohol sales at the Meadowlands (again)....

I can't even imagine if that ever happened (AFC championship at the Meadowlands)....too crazy right now to think that....

Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 AM

68,379 posts, read 54,609,917 times
Quote:

Makes me wanna channel Tug McGraw: Ya Gotta Believe!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,130,519 times
My Bengals were lucky to have been in a situation to bring the game down to just one score. Ultimately, Graham shanked a FG that a 3-year old should make. It was actually appropriate as I thought the Bengals did benefit from some bad calls during the game. The Jets deserved to win and my Bengals deserved to lose.

Congrats and good luck against the Chargers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football