Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 11:06 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,640,203 times

Advertisements

Exactly, couldn't rep your comment but did want to say I smiled at the "alot" status, I use a lot, a lot!

Old 02-12-2024, 11:36 AM

330 posts, read 270,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
exactly, couldn't rep your comment but did want to say i smiled at the "alot" status, i use a lot, a lot!
LOL!!!!! :d

Old 02-12-2024, 11:52 AM

8,883 posts, read 6,904,440 times
The real conspiracy is that the internet seems to have turned "alot" into a word. In Britain they also have "aswell."

Old 02-12-2024, 12:04 PM

I'm just happy that I won a TON of money. I know so many people that lost their shirts in this superbowl. It was a real bloodbath.

Feels good being on the right side! Didn't even need the spread. Money line in both games!

Old 02-12-2024, 12:09 PM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Wow, 2 whole coin-flips in a row...what an amazing track record...like a million to one odds.

Meanwhile, puppies eating food say hold my water bowl...

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...r-bowl-winner/

Old 02-12-2024, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, 2 whole coin-flips in a row...what an amazing track record...like a million to one odds.

Meanwhile, puppies eating food say hold my water bowl...

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...r-bowl-winner/
They were the right calls. And Taylor Swift was on the field after all was said and done hugging her man. Just like I said would happen.

I already mentioned I put every last dollar I had on the games. Money is money. I'll be good for a long time after these wins.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:36 PM

8,883 posts, read 6,904,440 times
Just think, what if Mahomes had fallen down on his fourth-down run? What if the guy who caught the last touchdown had fumbled it out of bounds due to the pressure from the Deep State? The vast enterprise would've been thwarted.

Or what if a defender wasn't in on it--or had a twinge of patriotism despite all player families being held ransom at the time, presumably--and intercepted the ball in overtime?

I'm both impressed at the level of coordination to carry out this enterprise with only wing nuts catching on, and unimpressed that they left so much to chance at the end.

Old 02-12-2024, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Just think, what if Mahomes had fallen down on his fourth-down run? What if the guy who caught the last touchdown had fumbled it out of bounds due to the pressure from the Deep State? The vast enterprise would've been thwarted.

Or what if a defender wasn't in on it--or had a twinge of patriotism despite all player families being held ransom at the time, presumably--and intercepted the ball in overtime?

I'm both impressed at the level of coordination to carry out this enterprise with only wing nuts catching on, and unimpressed that they left so much to chance at the end.
It's all about the ratings and revenue my man. The game goes to overtime and they play the entire overtime. More room for commercials in the most watched superbowl of all time.

But make no mistake. The NFL wasn't about to let the Chiefs lose and not get Taylor Swift on that field. That just wasn't about to happen.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:20 PM

8,610 posts, read 14,916,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
It's all about the ratings and revenue my man. The game goes to overtime and they play the entire overtime. More room for commercials in the most watched superbowl of all time.

But make no mistake. The NFL wasn't about to let the Chiefs lose and not get Taylor Swift on that field. That just wasn't about to happen.
And what about the 3 prior Superbowl appearances when Taylor Swift wasn't associated with the team? Were their two wins then still fixed, or did they just pre-ordain this year's outcome?

How about the fact that the NFL's most valuable and visible franchise hasn't been to the Superbowl in almost 30 years? You'd think Jerry Jones would have enough clout to get his team into the big game if the NFL were rigged.

Conspiracy theories are illogical. Every person involved in a conspiracy decreases the ability to pull it off exponentially because humans are at their core very selfish. The more people you add, the more likely the odds that someone's ego blows it up. Nixon was brought down by fewer than a dozen people, but I'm supposed to believe hundreds of people fixed a football game so a pop superstar could get face time? Alllllllllrighty then.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
And what about the 3 prior Superbowl appearances when Taylor Swift wasn't associated with the team? Were their two wins then still fixed, or did they just pre-ordain this year's outcome?

How about the fact that the NFL's most valuable and visible franchise hasn't been to the Superbowl in almost 30 years? You'd think Jerry Jones would have enough clout to get his team into the big game if the NFL were rigged.

Conspiracy theories are illogical. Every person involved in a conspiracy decreases the ability to pull it off exponentially because humans are at their core very selfish. The more people you add, the more likely the odds that someone's ego blows it up. Nixon was brought down by fewer than a dozen people, but I'm supposed to believe hundreds of people fixed a football game so a pop superstar could get face time? Alllllllllrighty then.
Many people still don't seem to grasp the importance of this superbowl. I've already broken it down in both videos. Taylor Swift brought in a completely new fanbase, with the vast majority being females. The NFL has literally been bending over backwards trying to tap into the female fanbase for countless years, but Taylor Swift is the NFL's answer.

Totally new fanbase = More revenue.

This is simple economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.