Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 07:10 AM

27,339 posts, read 44,353,208 times

Advertisements

After yet another debacle against a team with a winning record, how much longer before Miami's Mike McDaniel is let go? They beat just one team with a winning record all season (Dallas, who also beats up on teams below .500) and cratered against the Bills in a must-win at home for the AFC East title and then of course blown out by the Chiefs in the wild card game. Tua's contract is up for renewal this year and Tyreek has at best another few years of prime talent remaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 07:31 AM

7,154 posts, read 11,444,488 times
Injuries on defense late in the year killed their chances at winning the AFC. Banged up they were not the equal of the Ravens, Bills, or Chiefs. I'll give a bit of a pass for the Miami team in sub-zero weather. That was a tough match-up.

Old 01-14-2024, 07:38 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,650,066 times
Tua is the problem. He's just doesn't have it. A one read QB that can exploit the lesser teams and coaches of the NFL. Miami would be wise to move on this year IMO. If they choose to stick with him as their opening day starter in 2024 because they already exercised his 5th year option, then that is fine. But DO NOT give him an extension until after the 2024 season. That's assuming he continues to play well and shows he can beat quality teams.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:38 AM

8,948 posts, read 7,008,332 times
I'd hesitate to sign Tua to $45-50/year with a lot guaranteed. He might be too reliant on phenomenal receivers, and won't always have those. But more importantly, he's could be a concussion away from retirement and Wilsonian-level dead money.

Old 01-14-2024, 12:35 PM

440 posts, read 173,948 times
Tbh this year being crazy and all the injuries have to be taken into account.

The Dolphins had a ton of disappointments but they were not bad.

Just about every team has a period where they fell apart.

I do agree that Miami needs some cold hardening though.
Tua going from Hawaii to Alabama to Florida he isn't used to that cold. Lol.

But I think we may be reacting a bit to harshly over a disappointing last few games.
This season passing PCT is his highest to date.
He led the league this season in passing yards. His best to date.
His yards per attempt was a little lower than last year but still like top 2.
He scored his highest # of TDs this season.
And his overall passer rating was still pretty good. Probably took a little ding due to more interceptions, but overall I think Tua was good.

Not everyone can shine like Purdy in their first playoffs. I wouldn't judge the season based on a game or even the last few games.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:47 PM

2,043 posts, read 1,024,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinBueno View Post
Tbh this year being crazy and all the injuries have to be taken into account.

The Dolphins had a ton of disappointments but they were not bad.

Just about every team has a period where they fell apart.

I do agree that Miami needs some cold hardening though.
Tua going from Hawaii to Alabama to Florida he isn't used to that cold. Lol.

But I think we may be reacting a bit to harshly over a disappointing last few games.
This season passing PCT is his highest to date.
He led the league this season in passing yards. His best to date.
His yards per attempt was a little lower than last year but still like top 2.
He scored his highest # of TDs this season.
And his overall passer rating was still pretty good. Probably took a little ding due to more interceptions, but overall I think Tua was good.

Not everyone can shine like Purdy in their first playoffs. I wouldn't judge the season based on a game or even the last few games.
I'll give it to Miami though, they play in an outdoor stadium. Indoor stadiums are for wuss teams.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:22 AM

7,621 posts, read 6,140,318 times
IT is like the late great Yogi Berra quoted:
"It's like Deja-vu All over again"

Not being a fair weather fan of MY FINZ, I have grown used to this pattern with the current ownership.

The current Owner, now that Snyder is gone, has moved up (down?) in the ineptitude chart of the NFL ownership The guy is, I think, still on suspension by the NFL for illegal tampering. That is how well he knows football, the rules, or even seems to care.
To Ross, the Finz will make money for him, as will any NFL franchise thanks to profit sharing and marketing. Even the last place Panthers will be in the black for the season.

Added to that, the team fires the GM every few years, starts all over again, and reteats the cycle. Chris Grier has shown his incompetence already, as he has not only no plan long term, but no idea of what he is doing either.

That much shows.

SO if it follows normal procedure, Ross will return, fire Grier, promote a janitor or ticket taker to the GM job and they fire the coach, starting over with someone with no experience , because let's face it, any of the following: Vrable, Carroll, Fat McCarthy, Belicheat, Riverboat Ron would not touch this mess of a franchise.

How bad is this organization? So bad that a long long time ago, remember, Tuna Fish Parcell's walked actually RAN away

That leaves the soon to be unemployed Chargers OC or someone from the backfield of the Vikings to come in and try head coaching.

Just a note: Dan Campbell was impressive as an interim coach there long ago. But they did not choose to keep him, even though he got results with what little talent he had and the players loved him. Wonder where he ended up?

As For Tua, well, only a dumb@r$e GM would draft a player who had the degree of college injury he had in the first round. Someone like that is not first round material. They even passed on the bigger, stronger, less injured and more durable Justin Herbert to take Tua. What a bad decision. now had Tua not been injured in college with the type of injury he had, then yes he could have been a first round talent. BUT he already missed one full (practically) season of the NFL due to injury and is oft injured.

Of course, some of us believe in building the offensive line first, unless the type of talent like Manning or Lawrence is available. Still, good Free agent Offensive linemen have been passed over.

So yeah, the organization is rotten from the top. Some organizations are rotten from the base, but in this case, it is mismanagement that will likely not change as long as Ross owns the team.

Old 01-15-2024, 02:52 PM

19,791 posts, read 10,233,221 times
Tua Tagovailoa is Hawaiian for Tim Tebow

Old 01-15-2024, 09:52 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,564,548 times
The Dolphins loss on a Monday night against the Titans where they gave up 2 touchdowns and a 2 point conversion in like the final 180 seconds was the big killer. Injuries be damned they win that game and it don't matter what they do against the Bills in the season finale because they would have won the division already.

Old 01-18-2024, 10:16 AM

22,461 posts, read 29,652,872 times
Go Dolphins!! A lot of guys were hurt so I'm contributing it to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football