Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 08:36 PM

1,992 posts, read 978,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
You guys were right I goofed on Shula, for some reason I must have been thinking a little about Marino.

To save face a little Shula went 23 years without a return to the SB but I think he was a minority owner in the Dolphins to, but I was DEFINITELY WRONG.

Trevor and Josh Allen (and a few others) came out pretty strong after the loses started about practices and players not having motivation on game day. He and Allen walked it back a bit pretty quickly in subsequent interviews. The Jaguars had the best schedule this year especially with the rest in London.

Maybe losing the locker room is a bit strong but I am old school and once you have players speaking out internal team problems I think it erodes something.

Doug Penderson went after the Defensive staff pretty quickly once their season ended but many are still questioning his loyalty with Press Taylor who he promoted during his stint as coach with the Eagles.

https://clutchpoints.com/jaguars-tre...-to-buccaneers
Where are you getting this from? Shula's first Super Bowl appearance as either a player or coach was in the 1968 season, Super Bowl III with the Baltimore Colts. He was the head coach of the Colts. That is about 17 years after he broke into the NFL as a player.

He next appeared in the Super Bowl three seasons later, Super Bowl VI, as Dolphins head coach against the Dallas Cowboys. Shula played in three straight SBs - VI, VII, VIII. He then led the Dolphins to SB XVII against the Washington Redskins nine seasons later. And made one final SB appearance as a head coach two seasons later in 1984....

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/ShulDo0.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2024, 09:13 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,156,300 times
I should have stated SB wins in his final 23 years with the team.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:03 AM

26,223 posts, read 49,079,778 times
The axe is still falling on NFL coaches

Quote:
Saints fire offensive line coach Doug Marrone

Longtime NFL coach Doug Marrone will be looking for work after he was fired by the Saints.

Marrone was fired on Saturday after two years as the Saints' offensive line coach, according to multiple reports.

The Saints are expected to hire 49ers passing game coordinator Klint Kubiak as their next offensive coordinator, and he will likely bring some of his own assistants along as he attempts to re-shape the Saints' offense.

Marrone was the Bills' head coach in 2013 and 2014, and the Jaguars' head coach from 2017 to 2020. He's also been the head coach at Syracuse and had a long tenure as an assistant coach, including two different stints with the Saints.

The perpetually cap-strapped Saints have missed the playoffs three straight years, and head coach Dennis Allen is hoping a new offensive scheme can get more out of quarterback Derek Carr, whose $30 million guaranteed salary means the Saints are married to him for 2024.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-10-2024, 08:43 AM

14,330 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Mike Clay (ESPN) has a great chart and apparently things are set for the 2024 season as far as HC positions, etc.!

This from Barnwell did surprise me:

Mike's chart reinforces something that seems impossible but is true: there isn't a single offensive coordinator from the 2021 season in the same role today.

I'm not good at the copying, pasting out of tweets at times so check out Barnwell or Clay's twitter for the chart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football