Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 08:54 PM

2,098 posts, read 1,025,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearinPool88 View Post
So I guess it was a dump? I visited Boston a couple of times but I've never been to Foxborough. I've heard good things about Gillette and how much of an improvement it was over the old stadium.
A dump only begins to describe it, LOL. It was a mid-tier division 1 college stadium at best, plopped down in an old parking lot that was like the surface of the moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2024, 09:08 AM

17,643 posts, read 15,340,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearinPool88 View Post
Same, although I did manage to go to one game at the old Yankee Stadium, thanks to my father's company. Even though I'm a Mets fan, I miss the old Stadium and wish that it wasn't torn down. I know it was probably in poor condition and needed major renovations but the character and history just isn't in the new Stadium and it probably will never be replicated.

I went to a baseball game at Yankee Stadium in the late 80's.. It had history. That was the only thing going for it.

You didn't miss anything. Sightlines were horrid. It was dirty and nasty.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:26 AM

421 posts, read 121,878 times
I saw a number of events in the Kingdome before it was torn down. But the one I wish i could have gone to (arrived just as they were tearing IT down) was Memorial Stadium here in Baltimore. Home of the Orioles, Colts, and for a couple years, the early Ravens.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football