Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 02:19 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times

Advertisements

Every week is pretty much an embarrassment. The QB, who was a great player at Alabama, well...... it is what it is. Mac is being forced to play in a style that he didn't play in while under Saban, and his line is not nearly as domineering as that 'Bama all star line. I think the Pats need another coach and another offensive coordinator just for starters, it just isn't working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2023, 02:26 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
Every week is essentially an embarrassment. The QB, who was a great player at Alabama, well...... it is what it is. Mac is being forced to play in a style he didn't play in while under Saban, and his line is not near as domineering as that 'Bama all star line. I think the Pats need another coach and another offensive coordinator just for starters, it just isn't working.
Who is this Bill whathisfaceguy? Never heard of him.

Yeah, the problem can't possibly be Mac Jones adjusting to the NFL.

P.S. That 4th quarter interception was *clearly* the fault of either the QB or the receiver.

Last edited by Mathguy; 11-12-2023 at 02:36 PM..

Old 11-12-2023, 06:51 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
The sun had already set on the Patriots a while ago. Newton was a bust and now Jones is a bust. Jones cannot spark any offense, he cannot throw accurately, he is not good at scrambling, and he makes poor decisions. Being a great player in NCAA doesn't always spell success in the NFL anyways.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:34 AM

296 posts, read 528,135 times
We all know the Brady - Belichick was the best QB - coach duo ever. Brady left , went to TB and won another ring. Pats went into a steep dive. Sounds more like Brady did more than we ever figured he ever did for the team.

Let Belichick retire after this season. Thanks for the great years of Patriot football.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:53 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Belichick needs a great QB to win, he only has an average one. If he had Mahomes, Burrows, Allen, people would still be bragging about him being the best coach.

Old 11-13-2023, 04:46 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Who is this Bill whathisfaceguy? Never heard of him.

Yeah, the problem can't possibly be Mac Jones adjusting to the NFL.

P.S. That 4th quarter interception was *clearly* the fault of either the QB or the receiver.
Footwork was awful in that he was falling away when making the throw.

If he can't make that throw after being a QB for four years, it's just not in the cards for him to be an above average QB.

Old 11-14-2023, 12:41 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Sunsetting is a bit premature for Bill. He's not the oldest coach in the league either, but close.

Give him one of the hot QB's coming into the draft....like Michael Phenix Jr and see what Bill can do with that.

It's possible that Robert Kraft is looking for a change at the helm, but Bill could get another HC spot if he wanted.

Old 11-15-2023, 04:20 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It's possible that Robert Kraft is looking for a change at the helm, but Bill could get another HC spot if he wanted.

Now.. Perhaps we can discuss that part a bit. Because.. I'm not sure I agree.

There's certain owners who would give him what he would require.. Which is basically the keys to the kingdom. But.. I can name a WHOLE LOT MORE who would pass. Jerry probably being at the top of that list. Bidwell, who, even if he didn't pass, I think Belichek would because of how cheap Bidwell is.

The Kahns probably would give him free reign, but.. I think they're quite happy with what they have now.

Washington.. I dunno. We haven't seen enough from that group to know the answer.

Detroit and Minnesota, if they needed a coach.. I think they'd give him what he wanted. But, again.. I don't see either of them looking

Raiders? Not a chance. I mean, they're still going to be paying millions to their last 2 HCs. They just need to create a new position called Interim HC and never remove the Interim part. Because.. They've had some EXCELLENT results with the last few Interim HC's and they don't hire them!

So.. While I get where you're coming from.. I don't know.. I think it'd have to be the right team and.. There's not many of those out there. And.. None of them I can think of looking for a coach.

Old 11-15-2023, 04:26 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Footwork was awful in that he was falling away when making the throw.

If he can't make that throw after being a QB for four years, it's just not in the cards for him to be an above average QB.
Bill O'Bozo is the QB Coach. That explains a lot.

Yes, the sun is setting on Darth Belichick and this Jedi Cat is not disappointed He had a good run, but like all coaches, time to pass the torch. I cannot stand the Evil Patriots, so I say Yes, give Bill O'Bozo the job ... or Fat Mike McCarthy...he will be available by mid January.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:09 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
They can suck the rest of my life and I'll be alright with it, had one of the best runs of any team in Pro Sports history. And it appears they will suck for a while....bring Missin Sisson back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football