Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He's been killin me in two leagues. Killin me.
You can blame good ol' Norv for that.

"First and ten, what should we do? I know, let's run LT up the middle! Second and ten. What play do you call? I know, let's run LT up the middle! Third down and eight, guess we'll have to pass....." We Charger fans have an opinion about Norv's handling of LT. Marty built LT's career and Norv is tearing it apart.

Poor LT, no time to heal and to top it all off, no Lorenzo Neal plowing through the opposing team. Instead, he's running behind Tolbert, a good player, but not a large one by any stretch of the imagination. LT is built for speed, not for taking on 300 pound defensive linemen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 02:03 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Default So Chargers fans, still glad Schottenheimer got fired?

Yeah this may be a bit of a trolling question, but I just watched them lose to Buffalo and the fact is, that team is going in the wrong direction since Coach Marty got canned.
Schottenheimer has shown himself to be a consistent winner everywhere he has been over the years while Norv Turner has shown himself to be a consistent loser. I know Marty wasn't too good coaching playoff games, but at least you could watch your team win in the regular season when he was there. Ask Cleveland. Ask Kansas City.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:07 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
I think the move wasn't too popular with Charger fans to begin with, didnt they chant "Bring back Marty" last season?

Old 10-19-2008, 05:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Norv Turner is a great guy, but horrible coach!! I can not believe the Chargers are 3-4 with all that talent!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
I think injuries are more responsible than Norv Turner. He did take them to the AFC Championship game last season.

Merriman is out and LT is definately not 100%. Plus, Chambers has been out among others.

Not to mention, that their is a changing of the guard happening in the AFC this season.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:38 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I think injuries are more responsible than Norv Turner. He did take them to the AFC Championship game last season.

Merriman is out and LT is definately not 100%. Plus, Chambers has been out among others.

Not to mention, that their is a changing of the guard happening in the AFC this season.
I think the Bolts went to the dance last year in spite of Norv. He's a great guy, but I don't believe he's head coach material.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Schottenheimer getting fired is another example of how franchise warfare the "moneyed elite decision makers" can wreck a good team. We have seen this happen with many other teams. To get rid of a coach with an excellent winning record is stupid, and the decision reeks of a lawyers, inner politics and financial disputes. Count yourself as lucky if your team doesn't have these issues, there are still some out there...

Old 10-22-2008, 04:31 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I couldn't believe they fired Schottenheimer when they did, and now it's paying dividends for them; the WRONG dividends. Norv Turner is not head coach material.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:02 AM

343 posts, read 510,388 times
I still don't know why they fired Schottenheimer. I could see them firing him for a coach that could win the Super Bowl with their stacked team before they have to disband because of the cap, but they fired him for Norv freakin' Turner.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:38 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Marty knows how to win in the regular season but not in the playoffs. Norv Turner doesn't know how to win in the regular season to even get in the playoffs.

Ideally when you fire a coach you're looking to make an upgrade. But hey, this is the San Diego Chargers we're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football