Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 09:01 AM

1,016 posts, read 521,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMtns View Post
Is your clothes dryer, water heater and kitchen range all gas also like mine will be?

Dryer is electric - water heater, range and oven are gas

Good windows definitely make a difference. We have proved that in the last year with Milgard replacements.

Also, strategic window and door opening overnight or in the very early morning (along with ceiling fans in each room) can make a big difference in summer house temps.
Update, now that we have lived here 7 months or so, from summer to winter. Utility costs in our 3 bed, 2 bath single story home is more than I anticipated, but still manageable.

Furnace, dryer, water heater and kitchen range are all natural gas. We have central A/C and city water/sewer/trash.

I called and found Prescott city calculates sewer bills twice a year off of water usage, from May-October and November- April.

They brought our sewer bill down after a our first 3 months, looking at our use in that time frame, and outside of the bi-annual adjustment, all from a phone call.

Our natural gas bill in summer was $25-$30 for water heater and stove, our last one was $145 as my wife likes the heat (gas furnace) at 72.

Electric was $130-150 last summer with A/C at 75, and around $85-100 this winter, I believe due to the furnace blower which runs 6 to 10 hours per day when it is cold out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: