Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 04:03 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
What about a 2 door Wrangler? I had 3 of them before I got the 4 door.....if you don't need the extra room, they are super fun...!

For now, I need more room than even a JKU or JLU. Once the kids move out, I'll be getting a two door, or maybe find a low mileage TJ. If they did make the J6, it would just be nice to have a bed that I can throw a bunch of firewood and a chainsaw into. One of the guys on a Montana forum I used to follow went from a JKU automatic to a JK with the six-speed when his nest got empty, and it felt like a sports car to him when he drove home from the dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 04:25 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
JK with the six-speed when his nest got empty, and it felt like a sports car to him when he drove home from the dealer.
They are spunky little motors....!

Old 09-18-2019, 04:46 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogi48 View Post
This is my kind of thread! I test drove the new Wrangler JL. Might have to get one for AZ!
Wait till you get out here. EVERYONE bought one a few years ago, tricked them out (ala Mall Crawlers) and NEVER took them off-road. Tons of used, modified JKs and JKUs on the lots. Most of the ones with winches still have the factory wind on them.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:54 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
Tons of good info in this thread. There's a ton of trails in the Bradshaws (the mountains south of Prescott) as there was/is a lot of mining activity there. Many of them though are a bit more than sand and hills, the guys over at Virtual Jeep Club are mostly rock crawling types and those are the types of trails they take. Wranglers and buggy's only, almost. I drive a '06 KJ so I got made fun of, until they saw me wheel it.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Tons of good info in this thread. There's a ton of trails in the Bradshaws (the mountains south of Prescott) as there was/is a lot of mining activity there. Many of them though are a bit more than sand and hills, the guys over at Virtual Jeep Club are mostly rock crawling types and those are the types of trails they take. Wranglers and buggy's only, almost. I drive a '06 KJ so I got made fun of, until they saw me wheel it.
Sounds fun.....I like trails that lead to something like a mine. Out where I trail now, there is the old 1848 immigrant stagecoach trail, and it is fun to ride along there and think about Kit Carson and those hardy souls....

Old 09-18-2019, 05:55 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Shhh...super secret map...

Old 09-18-2019, 06:29 PM

Thanks!!!
BTW, I ordered that book you recommended.....waiting for it to arrive..!

Old 09-18-2019, 07:06 PM

40 posts, read 44,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
I'm probably a few years away from being able to get a Jeep, but have you seen the J6 concept? I'm totally drooling over it and if Jeep does make one, about the time they come out I won't be needing any more than two seats. I like the idea of the Gladiator, it's just too big for what I'd want to do with a Jeep.
I would consider that. I'm tired of the ride quality in my JK after 100,000 miles. I did like the JL much more. Gladiator is just too much money for what it is. I certainly do not want to take my JK to Phoenix with me.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Wait till you get out here. EVERYONE bought one a few years ago, tricked them out (ala Mall Crawlers) and NEVER took them off-road. Tons of used, modified JKs and JKUs on the lots. Most of the ones with winches still have the factory wind on them.

It's generally the cable winches that are factory wound. I've converted to synth for winching after seeing a few videos of cable fails, and the weight savings. The first winch I ever owned was a Warn 8000 with the cable, and driving was a night and day difference after installing it. Latest is a 9500# Superwinch with the synth, I carried it into the garage one handed, and I couldn't tell it was there after installing it. I did have to wind it myself with tension, but I just tied it to the wife's Land Cruiser and winched myself to it.

Old 09-23-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Sounds fun.....I like trails that lead to something like a mine. Out where I trail now, there is the old 1848 immigrant stagecoach trail, and it is fun to ride along there and think about Kit Carson and those hardy souls....

I'm in the same boat. I don't like to wheel just for the sake of wheeling. Have you been to ghosttowns.com?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott