Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 06:27 AM

350 posts, read 195,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
I have only lived in the area for three years so I am not expert. I have driven by the area and it seem nice. It is in the city limits so taxes will be higher than a county residence. I would definitely get an insurance price on any home before purchasing. Insurance on a shingle roof home can be expensive and difficult to obtain. One friend told me that his insurance company told him to replace his shingle roof that was about 10 years old before he could renew his policy. Barrel roof home construction is more expensive, but you get better insurance rates. Check on the windows also to see if they are hurricane impact or they have the accordion shutters. I remember looking at homes and seeing the metal strips stacked up used for hurricane shutters in the garage. That would be a lot of work screwing the pieces of metal stripes over the windows. Good luck.
No the Preserve is not in the city limits.

The city limits around there are 14th st. The Preserve is on 5th.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ve...16zL20vMHJscGc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2023, 06:32 AM

350 posts, read 195,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ8389 View Post
Thanks Purple. That's good information. I am continuing my research on the Vero/Sebastian area. I also just stumbled onto The Preserve neighborhood in South Vero. Looks like a quiet neighborhood with no flooding issues. Also a low HOA of only $100 a month. Does anybody have any info on this area?

Thanks.
It's right down the street from Serenoa. It's fine. I do prefer up by 58th but that's just me. I have good friends in Serenoa and all the people are nice.

You don't really have to worry about obvious flooding areas, the weird "flooding" that may occur is in neighborhoods with grading issues.

In fact if you asked me to identify a flooding area, I couldn't.

I know of ONE neighborhood that I couldn't drive through because of their grading Indian River Estates life community and even then, it didn't penetrate the buildings.

But one day we had 11 inches of rain in the middle of the afternoon and all the cars broke down in certain areas because of driving through massive water.

I've lived in condos here, that's why I bought flood ins for $300 per year when I moved to the first floor only because we had some water creep about 6 feet from the back doors in that HOA. Some, not all. So my personality is to just pay the $300 and have peace of mind in case water intrudes and damages the flooring or whatever.

Old 04-02-2023, 07:14 AM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
I have to disagree.

66th construction (widening) has been completed for years and it's got almost no traffic. Very quiet.

You can't hear ANYTHING from any nearby houses so not sure what you're thinking.

Sorry I am talking about 66th Avenue which is west of the mall and runs north and south of the mall and crosses State 60 which is the road that leads to the only interchange from I95 (at this time) into Vero.

"The improvements to 66th Avenue from north of 49th Street to north of 69th Street consist of the widening and reconstruction of the existing roadway to a 4-lane divided roadway section within the project limits. Curb and gutter and a raised median will be provided. An 8-foot wide concrete sidewalk will be provided on the west side of the roadway and 5-foot bike lanes will be provided. There are 5 bridges within the project limits to be replaced. The side streets on the east and west of the intersection approaches. Also included will be stormwater drainage improvements, pavement markings, traffic signals, and landscape and irrigation improvements."
https://www.ircgov.com/publicworks/projects/1505.htm

https://indianriverguardian.com/2023...ening-project/

These improvements will make continue to make 66th Ave a major transportation route from State 508 to State 60. There is significant truck noise on this road. I was at Peterson's Grove and you could hear the trucks.

Last edited by Mr. Purple 2; 04-02-2023 at 07:40 AM..

Old 04-02-2023, 07:15 AM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxrivers View Post
No the Preserve is not in the city limits.

The city limits around there are 14th st. The Preserve is on 5th.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ve...16zL20vMHJscGc

Sorry for the misinformation. I did post I was not an expert on the housing developments in Vero.

Old 04-05-2023, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
Sorry I am talking about 66th Avenue which is west of the mall and runs north and south of the mall and crosses State 60 which is the road that leads to the only interchange from I95 (at this time) into Vero.

"The improvements to 66th Avenue from north of 49th Street to north of 69th Street consist of the widening and reconstruction of the existing roadway to a 4-lane divided roadway section within the project limits. Curb and gutter and a raised median will be provided. An 8-foot wide concrete sidewalk will be provided on the west side of the roadway and 5-foot bike lanes will be provided. There are 5 bridges within the project limits to be replaced. The side streets on the east and west of the intersection approaches. Also included will be stormwater drainage improvements, pavement markings, traffic signals, and landscape and irrigation improvements."
https://www.ircgov.com/publicworks/projects/1505.htm

https://indianriverguardian.com/2023...ening-project/

These improvements will make continue to make 66th Ave a major transportation route from State 508 to State 60. There is significant truck noise on this road. I was at Peterson's Grove and you could hear the trucks.
Yes we all know you meant 66th ave. The op is looking down on 4th st so what goes on way up at 40th and directly ON 66th ave really isn’t relevant. VERY expensive HOAS like Amelia Plantation are one block from 66th and it’s silent. Of course you’re going to hear a random truck ON 66th where Peterson’s is. That construction you’re referencing is FAR MILES north. Barely even Vero Beach, actually but the FAR North rural area up by 66th.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:00 AM

52 posts, read 61,846 times
Thanks to all for your input on my home search. I just stumbled across another Subdivision in South Vero. Kenwood Village. It is near Oslo Road. It looks like a nice quiet gated community. Low HOA. CBS construction. Town water and sewer. Not in a flood zone. It does seem to be a little off the beaten path. There also seems to be a garden center or sod farm abutting the area. I'm not sure what it is. Is anybody familiar with this area or community? Thanks again!

Old 04-07-2023, 09:24 AM

451 posts, read 455,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ8389 View Post
Thanks to all for your input on my home search. I just stumbled across another Subdivision in South Vero. Kenwood Village. It is near Oslo Road. It looks like a nice quiet gated community. Low HOA. CBS construction. Town water and sewer. Not in a flood zone. It does seem to be a little off the beaten path. There also seems to be a garden center or sod farm abutting the area. I'm not sure what it is. Is anybody familiar with this area or community? Thanks again!
Yes. I've been looking at that development. It's very nice. The people there are happy with their neighborhood. I am getting to the age and ability level where I have to downsize but I really can't decide between some maintenance, or none at all. I'm guessing you've seen the home for sale there that's next to the pool. It's a nice home in a good location.

Old 04-07-2023, 02:31 PM

Thanks Harry. I did see that home for sale next to the pool. It is nice, but I would really like to purchase a home with a private pool if possible. I will definitely add that community to my watchlist, which is becoming quite long! As of right now, I am looking at The Laurels, Sebastian Crossings, Harbor Isle, Lexington Place, Vero Lago, Abington Woods, High Pines, Fieldstone Ranch, Collier Creek, Black Bear Reserve, Lindsey Lakes, McAnsh Park, Oak Chase, The Preserve, San Sebastian Springs, Sebastian River Landing, Sebastian Lakes, Serenoa, Sebastian Highlands, and now Kenwood Village. My head is spinning right now! That's why I may rent in the area for a year to check these areas out myself. I am taking notes and appreciate all the input from everybody who knows the area.
Thanks again!

Old 11-29-2023, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,530 times
Hi DJJ8389,
I'm in your same situation and looking to move to Vero Beach in the next couple months. Did you end up buying or renting? and where?

Old 12-01-2023, 08:14 AM

Hi mollym3000,
Unfortunately, I am still stuck living up here in the northeast. I have pushed back my retirement to next year. I will be looking to move to the Vero area in the summer of 2025. I think my plan is to rent a home for at least a year or two before making any decisions on purchasing a home. After hearing all the horror stories about skyrocketing homeowners insurance rates and property taxes, I may just rent indefinitely. I have been keeping a close eye on rentals and homes for sale in the area. I have compiled quite a list of areas I am interested in! Most of the rentals I have been looking at are in the $4000/month price range which is really more than I want to pay. The homes I have been looking at are in the $500,000 price range. I'm just not sure where I am going to end up. I'd be interested to see where you decide to move to and get your opinion on the area. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach