Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 03:50 PM

14 posts, read 28,124 times

Advertisements

We are a couple from N looking to move to Florida. I am retired and my wife has a remote job so commuting traffic and employment are not an issue. We are looking for a 3 bedroom home. We could probably afford up to about 400K but would honestly like to stay around/under 300K. We are only really familiar with the Orlando area and Delray/Boynton Beach areas.

We love the Delray area but unfortunately it is not in our price range.

We did find something we kind of like over off of the 8th Avenue area on the beach side a couple blocks over behind the open land behind the waste disposal. How is Vero Beach price wise?
Is there any entertainment in the area(live bands, festivals, flea/farmer markets)? How is the crime in the area? Any areas to stay away from? How is the beach? One of the things we love about the Delray area is the clearer blue water, I'm sure it isn't as nice further north but how is the water and beaches?

We're open to any other recommendations as well, Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 07:46 AM

300 posts, read 474,421 times
I moved down to Vero Beach in November 2020 and here are my observations. Like other parts of Florida, homes are in short supply and increasing in value. Homes for sale are moving very quickly. There is new construction is available. Check out Zillow and Realtor.com for houses. Home insurance can be pricey, so look for homes with barrel roofs and impact windows. Of course these features will greatly increase the house price.

VB doesn't have a lot of hotels so it isn't as touristy as most places. Beaches are nice and accessible. Traffic increases during the season and you will see a lot of out of state auto plates. There is a nice upscale farmer's market on the beach with veggies and gourmet food every Saturday. I think there is an indoor flea market in VB. Indiana River County is the 10th wealthiest county in Florida with a nice museum and theater. Since VB is smaller, shopping is limited. The downtown area is nice with a decent selection of restaurants. There are festivals and places with outdoor music. Most of the area is safe, but like other places some areas are more desirable than others. On the island there are some very nice and expensive restaurants with no houses listed for under $1 million.

The county will not allow any new buildings to be built over five stories. The local government wants to keep the rural appeal of the area. A lot of the citrus groves are now cattle farms. There is some light industrial manufacturing like Piper Aircraft.The long range plans are to keep growth west of I-95 corridor from what I have gathered.

You can google crime statistics and entertainment. Again, house prices are skyrocketing. Remember, it is a less populated area and may not have everything you want. If you haven't visited VB, do that before you purchase.

Last edited by Mr. Purple 2; 02-27-2022 at 07:55 AM..

Old 03-26-2022, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,868 times
Stay away from Gifford and most of Fort Pierce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach