Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 PM

472 posts, read 669,358 times

Advertisements

A lot of people like the white sand beach on west coast Florida. The white sand does look good. However, when it is sunny the glaring of sand hurts my eyes a lot. I also think the soft feeling of gray sand at Palm Beach is better than the white sand of Sarastoa, which tends to pack hard.

Of course, the sand of Miami Beach is just TERRIBLE. How can they call that a beach?

What is your oppinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 AM

910 posts, read 2,220,236 times
The best aspect of a white sand beach for me is that the portion of it in the ocean makes the water look prettier, that beautiful turquoise you see in the Caribbean. The darker the sand, the less blue the water. The sand on our Treasure Coast beaches are somewhere between white and tan, but we do get the nice blue water if the waves are calm enough. I agree with your point about white sand being too "glaring" out of the water !

Old 03-28-2014, 04:48 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,897 times
I love the look of sugar white beaches- they are stunning. The beaches here on the TC are ok, but more like crushed shells vs actual sand sometimes.

As long as the water is clean and the people are sparse, I don't care what the beach looks like!!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:14 AM

403 posts, read 1,080,438 times
I love the white sand of the west coast beaches, but I'm not equally as fond of the waves. On the east coast I love the waves, but not so much the sand. However, Ft. Pierce Inlet State Park and St. Lucie Inlet State Park have some amazing beaches. I highly recommend both which I think could put the color of the sand question to rest for any Treasure Coaster.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM

142 posts, read 230,866 times
White sand or grey sand...I will be just as happy walking in either one barefoot come next winter! Two weeks to go and it's Florida here we come!!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:48 AM

Javaman, you will LOVE living here ! I hope your move goes smoothly. Keep us updated when you can. What town are you moving to ?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:53 AM

142 posts, read 230,866 times
Building in Town Park in Tradition. Hoping to break ground very, very soon and be in by August/September. We had a very hard time finding a rental - seems no one is willing to give a six month lease plus we wanted to rent in a gated community. Very fortunate that we have family in Vero and will be staying with them. Using Allied for our move so I'm thinking things will go well. More worried (not that I would tell my wife) about my "weekend therapy". It's a 1969 Corvette. Shipping it down with "Horseless Carriage" - a company that specializes in moving classic cars.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:20 AM

403 posts, read 1,080,438 times
I couldn't agree more. You'll love living here. I love it.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 AM

472 posts, read 669,358 times
Anybody can tell why Hawaii beach water is deep blue while the water at Florida beach is greenish?

Old 03-30-2014, 01:04 PM

Javaman, having been through a long-distance move last June, I can tell you that the movers will manage to break or damage something. We only had a few "dings" to furniture, nothing major, but we packed our glass shelving and actually rented a U-Haul to bring the really fragile stuff down ourselves. We had the boxes marked for which room they went in, but about midway through the move into the house, the movers were just putting them down anywhere. If possible have somebody stationed by the entrance to direct them !

Back to the beach topic: We have lived here ten months now, and I go to the beach twice a week. I am still excited about living this close to the ocean, and I hope that it never gets "old" to me ! Heck, I am still excited about living in a subtropical climate and seeing palm trees everywhere !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach