Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 05:33 AM

88 posts, read 117,649 times

Advertisements

and a place to put your money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 01:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
and Wally World will manage to keep Costco out..........sigh...

Old 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
and Wally World will manage to keep Costco out..........sigh...
That is really the biggest issue. PSL sold their souls to Walmart when Walmart would of come here anyway. They wanted that distribution center though and got it. Not sure it's worth giving up Costco or going after an Amazon warehouse but we got what we got.

Haven't heard anything on that Costco in Martin County either in a long time. I wonder if they are going to vote for it or not.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
That is really the biggest issue. PSL sold their souls to Walmart when Walmart would of come here anyway. They wanted that distribution center though and got it. Not sure it's worth giving up Costco or going after an Amazon warehouse but we got what we got.

Haven't heard anything on that Costco in Martin County either in a long time. I wonder if they are going to vote for it or not.
I think they might have been waiting till they had the road widened from turnpike to kanter

Old 10-23-2015, 11:25 AM

71 posts, read 95,607 times
Thought you guys might like a view of the WAWA place from above
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lucie Urban Area Development-14456210009071268786630.jpg  

Old 10-23-2015, 11:38 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,797,281 times
BREAKING NEWS- just for FlaLadyB!

PALM CITY — Costco, the membership-only wholesale store, has made official its plan to build a store and a gas station here.
Costco representatives approached Martin County as far back as a year ago for preliminary discussions. A pre-application meeting with county staff was in May. Now, its official site plan application has been submitted.
Costco wants to build on about 28 acres on the southwest corner of Martin Highway and High Meadow Avenue.
Here are some details of the proposal:
152,661-square-foot building
18 gas pumps
694 parking spots
The main entrance would be on High Meadow Avenue.
The property is designated for industrial use, which would allow the Costco store and gas station.
Martin County staff is to review the application for the first time at a Nov. 19 meeting. A staff report is to be issued by early December.
If plans move forward, the next step would be two public hearings, one by the Local Planning Agency and the second by the County Commission.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:11 PM

Well hopefully it gets approved. I'd love to cut up my Sams membership into confetti and throw it at the door of the Gatlin location as I drive by. That place has gone down hill.

Unfortunately it will be at least a year and a half probably until that has a chance of opening. Also 18 miles away but that is much closer than Northlake where we have to go now for Costco.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Well hopefully it gets approved. I'd love to cut up my Sams membership into confetti and throw it at the door of the Gatlin location as I drive by. That place has gone down hill.

Unfortunately it will be at least a year and a half probably until that has a chance of opening. Also 18 miles away but that is much closer than Northlake where we have to go now for Costco.

Same here. We have the sams membership but i don't think i have set foot in the store in like a year and a half. We only use it for gas. When the new WaWa opens up, if their prices are really close to Sams, i will stop using sams. That will make it so I don't have to go on the east side of I-95 unless i need home depot

Old 10-25-2015, 01:54 AM

472 posts, read 668,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy25 View Post
Same here. We have the sams membership but i don't think i have set foot in the store in like a year and a half. We only use it for gas. When the new WaWa opens up, if their prices are really close to Sams, i will stop using sams. That will make it so I don't have to go on the east side of I-95 unless i need home depot
Is it really that bad? Is it the quality of merchandise or shopping environment? I love Costco but why everybody seems to hate Sam's Club so much?

Old 10-25-2015, 02:31 AM

Sams isn't terrible. It just isn't Costco or even BJs. I find that Sams is far more likely to have empty or emptier shelfs, their workers aren't really very good either compared to Costco and in general they don't seem to care.

Examples:

Filling up for gas the other day and waiting in line. Line is 4 deep and it is getting close to closing time. We had waited around 5 minutes. Instead of putting cones over near the entrance to block people from coming into get gas, the worker there just starts putting cones down in front of car next in line to get gas. Says "sorry" and rolled his eyes when suggested that he close off the entrance so people don't wait 5 minutes to fill up only to be turned away.

Meat department at Sams is hit or miss. Went to buy a full Rib eye one day and the meat guy refused to cut it for me. Something they've done before and something costco or bjs does gladly. I watched a lady get made fun of an get the eye roll treatment because she was there 3 hours before closing and was looking for chicken rotisserie and for whatever reason the guy at the counter wanted to get out early and there were no more.

I was in line at a cashier who closed her line at the end of the day while there are people 6 deep at all the registers and her explanation was "I wants to gets out now, not in 30 minutes like the rest of these fools".

I've been a sams member for a long time, they have gone downhill recently. Especially the gatlin location.

We generally drive to Coscto on northlake once a month for our big meat grocery now and use sams to fill in. I won't be keeping sams when costco opens in Martin county and if it wasn't almost as long to drive to Jensen from here as it was north palm I'd patronize BJs instead of Sams.

Walmart is looking to spin off Sams club and I think it is starting to have an impact on quality there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach