Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
TB2

13 posts, read 26,953 times

Advertisements

Thanks FlaLadyB. One more visit to see how it feels and then I expect to buy. Looks like an active and well-maintained community, and post-CDW which is a concern elsewhere in PSL. If I do have more questions, I will indeed ask and thanks once again, for your facts and views, both of which are appreciated.

Verano might very well become my - go to - home area as well.

TB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,867,041 times
The one think that I don't understand about Verano or even PGA village is for some reason the prices of what they are asking for the houses never seemed to go down with everyone else. We looked over there and found that for the same amount you could buy a much larger just as well maintained house in other areas for much less. Are they really going for as much as they are listed for? BTW I am anti HOA only for the reason that they act like they have all of the power over you but really have no legal basis for some of the crap they try to pull.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,205,704 times
well, you are looking at new construction and not a resale home- big difference. The price of building is probably up vs what it used to be- materials didn't go down in price. Other builders that went down in price also went down in what they are giving and how they are building

Old 03-25-2012, 07:05 AM

56 posts, read 121,845 times
Default bought our home

Well after much research and looking in many areas of Florida we finally decided on and bought a home in PGA Verano.

We looked in both PGA and PGA Verano and decided we wanted new construction.

We had spend 10 years re-doing our house in the North and really did not want to start that again.!!

We settled in March and are now in the process of dividing up the household, as we will be maintaining a home in the north. Hubby got to retire I still am in the work force.!!

We are so excited about our new adventure in Verano!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 AM

10 posts, read 36,416 times
Congrats!

We bought there last year and love it!

Welcome.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
TB2

13 posts, read 26,953 times
Default Congrats

Hi Boo -- wondering what model you bought and how the interaction was with the broker.

We will be heading back to Verano soon with a good chance of buying.

Thanks,

TB

Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM

186 posts, read 488,456 times
We purchased the Biella model and the agents were very good to work with.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,867,041 times
Please do yourself a favor and don't gloss over the house or expect the inspector to find things wrong. Look for yourself. What I have found from experience because we bought a brand new home was that the people who do the finish work often take short cuts because the house needs to be finished so they can get to the next one. One example would be to look at the way mirrors are hung in the bathroom. We had one that they hung right next to the wall. When the house settled the mirror cracked. Check the tub and shower grout. Step on as many floor tiles as possible to look for loose ones. Turn on ceiling fans to check to see if they are level. Go through the small stuff as much as possible.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM

186 posts, read 488,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
Please do yourself a favor and don't gloss over the house or expect the inspector to find things wrong. Look for yourself. What I have found from experience because we bought a brand new home was that the people who do the finish work often take short cuts because the house needs to be finished so they can get to the next one. One example would be to look at the way mirrors are hung in the bathroom. We had one that they hung right next to the wall. When the house settled the mirror cracked. Check the tub and shower grout. Step on as many floor tiles as possible to look for loose ones. Turn on ceiling fans to check to see if they are level. Go through the small stuff as much as possible.
Thanks for the advice...we had our own inspector conduct a home inspection prior to our purchase .

Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,205,704 times
Congrats and welcome to the area!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach