Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 14,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't consider Spanish people white period. I know the telenovas have all these spanish people with blonde hair and blue eyes but isn't that a result of white people that came to spain and had forced relationships with them back in the 1800s or something? I haven't actually ever met a spanish person. Like one from Spain. But I heard they are huge party-goers and dance till the break of dawn. It's whatever whatever I guess. Cool people.
These are Spaniards. Spaniards are White :

Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,264 times
Spaniards are white.

I don't see how one could consider the Spanish non-white, but consider Italians or Greeks white. They are all Mediterraneans.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 62,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max schaller View Post
I think that the reason behind the confusion is lazy thinking on the American public. There is the mindset of taking the easy and singular way out of things. One of those things is immediately associating Spain and Portugal with Latin America. This is the result of colonialization and the imposition of a Euro language and culture upon the natives by force. This wasn't done by the English upon the Indians,for the latter was forcefully driven out not enslaved.We don't confuse American with English do we! The Spaniards and Portuguese are descendants of the Visigoths a Germanic tribe,hence the blondness of their hair. The Spanish and Portuguese are a mix of Celt,Roman,and Germanic. Latin american are indians. Questions?
Max.. I stumbled into this forum.. anyway, its amazing that there are americans with such a low brain capacity that this discussion is even taking place.... Im of Galician origin, meaning mostly Celtic or pre Celtic, furthermore, the vast majority of the Spaniards in general have R1B a bloodtype with is western European and not found in for example north africa..

Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,022,888 times
since Im Spanish and people think its white, could I join the KKK and be accepted as a white even though I might speak Spanish?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
since Im Spanish and people think its white, could I join the KKK and be accepted as a white even though I might speak Spanish?
Doubtful.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
KKK.. whats that ? fat ingnorant big kids.. not any nationalist organization here in Europe would do much more than laugh at them.. strange that there are ameri-canns that discuss Spaniards when the US is a racial cesspool directed by the all american hero: JEW...

Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
The Spanish are white, and you would probably be accepted as long as you didn't walk into the Kleagle's office speaking Spanish (because of connotations with illegal immigration and the U.S.-Mexico border issue). The modern Klan is very weak and has had to make various concessions for certain groups and form alliances with Neo-Nazis (who hold a decidely pro-European (Imperium) and anti-American viewpoint), despite the fact that it is supposed to be an American patriotic organization. Nowadays they would make Martin Luther King a Grand Wizard if he was against Mexicans and Arabs.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 AM

[quote=Breogan1488;13033366]KKK.. whats that ? fat ingnorant big kids.. not any nationalist organization here in Europe would do much more than laugh at them.. some folks here doesent seem to know anything about race.. its not connected with language, one would belive its obvious..

Old 02-24-2010, 12:40 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times
Wow, some of the statements are pretty ridiculous & borderline offensive [
Quote:
". . . US is a racial cesspool directed by the all american hero: JEW..."
The mixing of cultures is great not something to be afraid of In LA latinos\anglos inter-marry so a lot of blue-eye\ blond haired kids w/ hispanic names. When I am in Puerto Rico I can see the mix of European Spanish with Africans & natives. I like that I have all these races in my blood.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Wow, some of the statements are pretty ridiculous & borderline offensive [

The mixing of cultures is great not something to be afraid of In LA latinos\anglos inter-marry so a lot of blue-eye\ blond haired kids w/ hispanic names. When I am in Puerto Rico I can see the mix of European Spanish with Africans & natives. I like that I have all these races in my blood.
Breogan is a crypto-WN, so I'm not really commenting on his behalf, but for my piece, I just wanted to address your comment. I'm not really for mixed marriages, to be honest. That'll probably drive some people crazy; Sorry, but it's just the way I feel. I like having different races/ethnic groups/cultures too. A lot of that is lost with miscegenation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies