Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 10:58 PM

22,519 posts, read 12,072,114 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...as/ar-BB1mfGY0

From the article:

"It comes as the Golden State is hemorrhaging thousands of police every year, with numbers down by more than 5,000 since 2019.

There are now fears that high-crime Californian cities are suffering a brain drain in law enforcement, leaving the public unprotected as criminals run riot."

-------------------------------------------------------

Well...it's what they voted for in CA. I can't blame cops for being fed up with the way things are going there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 11:10 PM

124 posts, read 53,077 times
There’s a lot of retired Ca cops and firemen that live in Idaho too. Some active fireman live in Idaho and fly into Ca for their shifts. Even the Mayor of Eagle a exclusive area is a retired fire chief

Old 05-13-2024, 03:44 AM

10,574 posts, read 4,105,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

From the article:

"It comes as the Golden State is hemorrhaging thousands of police every year, with numbers down by more than 5,000 since 2019.

There are now fears that high-crime Californian cities are suffering a brain drain in law enforcement, leaving the public unprotected as criminals run riot."

Well...it's what they voted for in CA. I can't blame cops for being fed up with the way things are going there.
I keep saying it, but I really do believe that Obama secretly sold California as well as Washington and Oregon state to China, and all this craziness you see going on is to get the citizens to leave voluntarily till they are finally given the push.

Old 05-13-2024, 04:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 659,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I keep saying it, but I really do believe that Obama secretly sold California as well as Washington and Oregon state to China, and all this craziness you see going on is to get the citizens to leave voluntarily till they are finally given the push.
In the (old) Clive Cussler novel 'Night Probe', the Brits sold Canada to the US. The doc was in a train that had an accident and sunk in a river, both countries kept silent about it, and much later the US was trying to find it. Personally, I would take Canada over today's California. We can remove Justin Castreau and there are not as many people in Canada.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:15 AM

19,467 posts, read 15,311,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
That's what I keep saying! (well, somewhat). I've lived in Californis my whole life and everyone keeps saying to leave and go to a more accommodating state, but I keep thinking, But then they win. Also, the horrific elites will just get to infest to enjoy all the natural beauty and benefits here.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:41 AM

59,347 posts, read 27,522,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

From the article:

"You get what you vote for" shines again!

Old 05-13-2024, 07:31 AM

24,606 posts, read 17,356,422 times
I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop in a Democrat city/ state. In many cases the public hates you because they have been told that you are the enemy. You literally risk your life everyday for the "good" people that are becoming fewer. When you do arrest a dangerous person and remove them from society, thanks to Liberal policies that criminal is back on the street before you are punching in for your next shift. If you are forced to use deadly force thanks to some loser that doesn't give a toss whether he kills you someone else or himself you run the risk of being attacked by a mob, hounded by do gooders that will cancel you and possibly actual prison time thanks to the criminals First policies of the Left.
Why would anyone want to be a cop?

Old 05-13-2024, 07:33 AM

4,324 posts, read 1,573,480 times
"Flee".

Do you mean, move? It's a free country, right?

Old 05-13-2024, 07:44 AM

18,255 posts, read 25,924,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop in a Democrat city/ state. In many cases the public hates you because they have been told that you are the enemy. You literally risk your life everyday for the "good" people that are becoming fewer. When you do arrest a dangerous person and remove them from society, thanks to Liberal policies that criminal is back on the street before you are punching in for your next shift. If you are forced to use deadly force thanks to some loser that doesn't give a toss whether he kills you someone else or himself you run the risk of being attacked by a mob, hounded by do gooders that will cancel you and possibly actual prison time thanks to the criminals First policies of the Left.
Why would anyone want to be a cop?

Spot on commentary here!!

Old 05-13-2024, 07:47 AM

45,724 posts, read 27,348,625 times
The law of sowing and reaping is undefeated.

The outcome...
  • We reap what we sow.
  • We reap later than we sow.
  • We reap more than we sow.

Seeds were sown years ago regarding the police. The fruit is now showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies