Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,869,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I didn't say that *I* question the 6 million number (I don't). But I don't think it should be illegal to question ANYTHING, be it historical, scientific, philosophical, political, or anything else.

Do you actually disagree?

I disagree with making comments like this and expecting others to take it lightly! You don't get it, do you. WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOUR FAMILY? Would you find them intellectually amusing?

When people make such comments it is generally because they DO question the numbers! And if they have the guts (and it really does require guts)

**Go to your nearest Holocaust Memorial Center and take the grand tour.**

I have had many people tell me that they are afraid to go and face these places. "Cause they'll get upset." Aw, poor things, might have a nightmare.

The sad truth is, there are too many hateful, naive, incredibly cowardly people out there. And some of them like to post online. It's safer and easier for them to be mean and dumb behind a screen.

I am a 5'1" female trained in a helping profession, now retired. I've done well by others all my life. I won't listen to such arguments without speaking out!

Yes, ask all the questions you want. But don't be obtuse or naive about how they may be interpreted. It's a highly emotional topic.

Back to the main topic of the thread, not sure why it's necessary, but I certainly do feel that the state of Israel is necessary, which is part of the reason for the action. Not beyond reproach, but certainly necessary.
And my few remaining cousins there don't support Netanyahu. They want the war to end.

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Thou shalt not question the great oz
Things are tough all over buddy. That dont give anyone the right to remove your God given rights.

WTF are you talking about? And I'm not your buddy.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 12,808,660 times
I am opposed to any law that tells me I can't dislike something/someone/race/creed/religion. I am a free man and can do what I want and SAY what I want. I should not face legal repercussions unless I HARM SOMEONE PHYSICALLY. BTW- I hate nobody and have no ill will towards anyone.

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

27,686 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkeith View Post
WTF are you talking about? And I'm not your buddy.
Sorry pal. Are you sure it was 6m ? Or does that count poles and others, or just the special ones?
Offended? Be happy, soon i will be jailed for even asking. Happy?

Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

1,222 posts, read 544,155 times
This is terrible. I've never agreed that "anti-semitism" is or should be different than plain old "racism." There is no need for a separate category for "the Chosen People" (which I also think is bogus - but I'm sure they have that "special" title because they are super special being "chosen" and all).

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 544,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The answer to that is pretty obvious.

This is about special treatment. Right, there are already laws in place. Not good enough for this one particular group? This is a push against free speech.
They're the "chosen people" so they get super special treatment.

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Sorry pal. Are you sure it was 6m ? Or does that count poles and others, or just the special ones?
Offended? Be happy, soon i will be jailed for even asking. Happy?

Not offended, lol. I worked in many fields of medicine.

Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Nothing is above questioning, especially “official” narratives

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

30,297 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Most notable is that the term “anti-semitism” as it pertains within the bill has been defined by an international org. to include claiming Jews killed Jesus.
Our alleged conservative, alleged christian speaker is all for it.

Score another one for team perpetual victimhood.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/polit...act/index.html
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-...bill/6090/text
Well, they didn't personally kill Jesus, but they sure as hell stirred up the crowd to demand that Pilate get it done. Despite the fact that Pilate didn't actually want Jesus to be killed, he went ahead and gave the order. Had those Jews not yelled and carried on about Jesus and his 'blasphemy', the order would never have been made.

That's in the Bible. To sit there and tell me that I am not 'allowed' to repeat that because it's 'anti-Semitism', isn't going to work for me. I have freedom of religion, and that religion states that the Jews had a hand in getting Jesus killed, so they need to get over it and move on.

I'm not against Jews, but I am against banning things. Considering that 'anti-semitism' continues to change definitions, stupid things like 'The Jews killed Jesus' or 'why can't we ask questions about the Holocaust', are touted as 'anti-semitism'. You can ask any question about any other time in history, but those 2 events.

That isn't right.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

There, there. You can ask all the questions you want! Some of your answers are even in the Bible.

Like, you know, how we're supposed to treat others, and why. That part.

But back to the topic at hand....not sure why it's necessary, but hopefully there will more explanations to come. They sure are necessary as there seems to be a lot of confusion and a lot of undies getting twisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.