Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 06:16 PM

43,249 posts, read 18,385,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
WTF?

They are illegally occupying private property and are disrupting normal operations of the University.

And you think the college should bring them food and water?

The governor SHOULD BRING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD. MOST of these agitators are not even students- they are paid protesters and most likely the same ANTIFA/BLM crowd.
He can't. Columbia is not a public college. He has no authority.

The folks running Columbia told the protesters to leave the building or "be expelled".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 06:18 PM

43,249 posts, read 18,385,032 times
Well the media and the President can't say "peaceful demonstration" anymore......

Reality hits like a brick when it hits.

And here's Adams telling the press ..."it's supposed to be a peaceful "gathering".

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-hall/5367323/

Old 05-01-2024, 07:02 AM

9,528 posts, read 9,853,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Will the UN be flying here to stand watch ?

It's now turned into a "humanitarian crisis"
Can some of that $8B we are sending over to their Hamas compatriots in Palestine be re-routed to these peaceful protesters at Columbia? I mean, look at the suffering of the paid activists at Columbia.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:04 AM

9,528 posts, read 9,853,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well the media and the President can't say "peaceful demonstration" anymore......

Reality hits like a brick when it hits.

And here's Adams telling the press ..."it's supposed to be a peaceful "gathering".

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-hall/5367323/
AOC has Mayor Adams back...

“If any kid is hurt tonight, responsibility will fall on the mayor and university presidents,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) wrote on social media platform X, responding to Mayor Eric Adams’s (D) warning ahead of the police raid for students to vacate the building “before the situation escalates.”

Old 05-01-2024, 07:29 AM

2,518 posts, read 3,417,569 times
Default Entitled students romanticizing "cause" of Hamas

The entitlement and hypocrisy of the students and supporters of Hamas = Pathetic and repugnant.

The students are romanticizing this cause of Hamas' terrorism, and the hired organizer Lisa Fithian keeps the manufactured crisis and chaos that Soros/Obama team wants.

Remember the daughter of the UPS executive who is participating in Columbia protests:

https://www.newsbreak.com/charlotte-...us-family-says

Pampered, privileged students who support a terrorism progrom against Jewish people on campus, and now these idiots demand to be given food and drink as they protest. They ought to be sent to Yemen, North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia or Venenzuela.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:32 AM

6,831 posts, read 9,386,068 times
This is what the modern day Democrat party has become — crybabies who take over a building, yet feel entitled to “humanitarian aid” just as they also feel entitled to taxpayer dollars to pay for their education (i.e. student loan “forgiveness.”) And we’ve got Democrats on this forum who happily vote for this and condone this.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:41 AM

78,553 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
AOC has Mayor Adams back...

“If any kid is hurt tonight, responsibility will fall on the mayor and university presidents,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) wrote on social media platform X, responding to Mayor Eric Adams’s (D) warning ahead of the police raid for students to vacate the building “before the situation escalates.”
Yeah, it's always someone else's fault....AOC and the never ending gift of zero personal responsibility.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:49 AM

8,787 posts, read 5,088,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I just saw some footage of a few of the imbeciles in a window reeling up a carton of food using a rope. Not sure who gave it to them though.

And they all had full on black ski masks like they were gonna hijack an airplane.

Private Campus. Cops can't do anything unless asked by Admin.

The entire Faculty needs to be fired after this.
Idiots trying to fit pizza box into basket to reel up to window. It reminded me of 2 year olds, trying to fit square shapes into a round hole.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:49 AM

59,273 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
Protesting students want Columbia to provide and bring food and water into the building they took over for students who paid for a meal plan, or they will die from dehydration and starvation. And Columbia should bring water or allow the protesters to bring in food as required basic humanitarian aid.

They should be embarrassed, but I'm sure Columbia will provide what they are asking for.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1785429184757862641
Excuse my language, but screw them!

Give them a big box of Motzo crackers!

Old 05-01-2024, 07:50 AM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
I would say that all they actually need to be "supplied" with is lead, but that would be politically incorrect. So I guess I won't say that.

Even more politically incorrect to say would be to give them the middle finger when they say they want food or water, cut the utilities to the building, bar the windows and doors, and simply let the idiots simmer in there for a month. Problem solved. Once the month is up, send in the coroners in hazmat suits to clean the mess up. Yes, that would be politically incorrect and insensitive to say as well. So I guess I won't say that either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies