Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 03:43 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,250 times

Advertisements

I think Dan Rather is one of the best. Plus, he is liked by many.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:26 AM

59,291 posts, read 27,456,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Now? How to write hit pieces that have no basis in fact"

Applies to rather back when he said "We have lost the war", when standing in Saigon when in fact we had just won the war according to the top General in charge of the North 'nam army.

And said he could not understand why we pulled out.
My apologies, it wasn't rather, it was cronkite.

Don't like either.

And yes, I have spoken with both.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:44 AM

34,257 posts, read 18,634,981 times
There is no "news" any longer. It's all propaganda. 95% or more is Far Left propaganda. The Marxists have successfully taken over every institution. Media, Education, Government, Entertainment/Sports, Corporations, etc. We are being lied to constantly by all of them.

Old 04-27-2024, 05:46 AM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 12 days ago)

1,344 posts, read 671,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Dan Rather, a life of journalism and meteoric fall

Dan Rather was the OG of the whole Fake News movement. Obviously there were many others before him, but when someone like that goes down for spreading Fake News, a talking-head puppet to his corporate masters, for most Americans it became the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. It became clear just how corrupt and lyin' the mainstream media had become.
Agreed. Had Rather apologized for using the phony documents he probably would have saved his career but when he double-downed and defended their content he sealed his well deserved fate.

Old 04-27-2024, 03:34 PM

5,966 posts, read 2,781,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wonder if it's always been corrupted but it's just more out there now and we have much more access to various information sources.
Yeah, I've wondered that too. Back in the day, there used to be hundreds and thousands of independent news outlets. All of that competition was ultimately bought up and consolidated under what is now controlled by just a handful of people.

The internet had so much potential, until even that has become totally controlled by just a handful of people, all with an agenda.

That's why Elon Musk is hated so much, he bought Twitter/X and allows all points of views to be shared, so long as they're legal ~ something that FB, Alphabet refuse to allow.

Old 04-27-2024, 04:12 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,321,036 times
Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow morning. Like him or not, Dan Rather is a good storyteller. His reporting was one of my influences in deciding on a career in journalism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Dan Rather should have checked the material given to him by his producer.
Absolutely. He made an extremely bad decision. That doesn't, for me anyway, negate the terrific reporting he did up until that time, or the reporting he's done after.
Quote:
Most of what you see on the major "news" networks is largely commentary with some occasional news mixed in.
It's a shame. I miss the old days of CNN, with straight line news all day except for Larry King Live and a few well-labeled commentary/news talk shows in between. But when Fox came along with its tabloid shouting disguised as news, CNN had to copy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Agreed. Had Rather apologized for using the phony documents he probably would have saved his career but when he double-downed and defended their content he sealed his well deserved fate.
He backpedaled, but much too late.

Old 04-27-2024, 04:41 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,121,323 times
What's the frequency, Kenneth? He never did give a straight answer to that question.

Old 04-27-2024, 06:00 PM

3,654 posts, read 3,793,642 times
Quote:
Journalism has been dead for a long time now. Trump really is the one that exposed just how biased the media and news reporting is.

I've really been red pilled the last few years on just how corrupt the MSM is in terms of spreading propaganda and narratives that the left and the elites want to spread or keep hidden.

I really implore people to really pay attention to news headlines. Read the headline, read the article and read the same story from a few sources. If you can be objective and push aside any biases and work to be intellectually honest, you'll see how incredibly dishonest so much of the reporting is.
I find that's what it takes now. Sometimes I have to dig up source documents. It takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media