Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 09:42 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

It's not about health or safety, that's why. It's about USING "health and safety" as a bludgeon to force you to comply with their demands.

It's about control.

Old 04-14-2024, 09:48 AM

4,664 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Because there is a hierarchy when it comes to things that Democrats care about. Flooding the country with unvaccinated illegal aliens is way more important and outranks their desire to force everyone to have the COVID vaccine. Democrats have been such a disaster for our country.
Incorrect (except the part about Democrats being a disaster).

TimAZ has it correct; it's doublethink. Democrats would pivot back to forced vaccines in a nanosecond if that's what the script dictated.

Old 04-14-2024, 09:52 AM

17,418 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Same reason Black Lives Matter protests were encouraged but parks and beaches were chained and closed.

The left are freaking hypocrites.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:00 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Well.....
Even though I'm against forced vax and against illegal immigration, I don't agree that we need to be talking about these two things together as a "gotcha" scenario in 2024.

I don't know anyone still insisting that everyone get Covid jabs today. I think most now people understand (whether they admit it or not) that those particular shots did not do what was claimed. They know there is no reason to keep pushing those shots, therefore the Covid vax status of illegals does not concern them.

Now, to ME, vax status of illegals regarding other diseases is concerning, not to mention, they simply shouldn't be illegally entering our country.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:08 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Well.....
Even though I'm against forced vax and against illegal immigration, I don't agree that we need to be talking about these two things together as a "gotcha" scenario in 2024.

I don't know anyone still insisting that everyone get Covid jabs today. I think most now people understand (whether they admit it or not) that those particular shots did not do what was claimed. They know there is no reason to keep pushing those shots, therefore the Covid vax status of illegals does not concern them.

Now, to ME, vax status of illegals regarding other diseases is concerning, not to mention, they simply shouldn't be illegally entering our country.
I agree with this 100% especially the bold

There have been outbreaks of diseases in the US not seen for years.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:10 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
This was the number one issue that told me we were being lied to about the seriousness of the virus.

Had it been an actual, serious threat to us all, the threat of "darkness and death" that was being so voraciously pushed at us, every single person coming into the country would have been required to get the vaccine, or the borders would have been closed off.

I don't see how those that were so vaccine-centric and compliant were able to reconcile this blatant discrepancy in their own minds.

I posed this question to a close relative that was buying into all the scary hype at the time, and he almost went cross eyed trying to come up with justification for it.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:36 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I think when Covid was happening they gave entering Illegals a choice to get the jab or not but most of us didn't have a choice without severe repercussions.

Covid was terrible and made even worse when it was turned into a political weapon by the Dems. They have done the same thing with Illegals.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:38 AM

1,874 posts, read 649,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I suspect it's all a numbers game. A significant portion of 333 million people gets vaccinated and/or develop immunity and you have a shot at reducing the spread. Immigrants under one million get vaccinated and it's mathematically negligible: less than 0.3% of the population won't slow much of anything.

Nonetheless we used to regularly check immigrants for contagious disease, and I don't see a reason not to continue doing that.
No, it (the highlighted) is not.

We need to look at behaviors. If an immigrant is legal and has a sponsor, the immigrant will live with or near his sponsor. But for what is happening, this is about illegal immigration and where would the concentration of illegals be? Most of the time, they will live near where they entered illegally. So now, we have a concentration of un-vaccinated people living among the (forced) vaccinated. This is ultimately about control of the American people by whatever means.

Saying 'numbers game' is a good cover, though, and many gullible Left will swallow it.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:59 PM

1,111 posts, read 747,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
No, it (the highlighted) is not.

We need to look at behaviors. If an immigrant is legal and has a sponsor, the immigrant will live with or near his sponsor. But for what is happening, this is about illegal immigration and where would the concentration of illegals be? Most of the time, they will live near where they entered illegally. So now, we have a concentration of un-vaccinated people living among the (forced) vaccinated. This is ultimately about control of the American people by whatever means.

Saying 'numbers game' is a good cover, though, and many gullible Left will swallow it.
Well said.

Old 04-14-2024, 03:49 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Same reason Black Lives Matter protests were encouraged but parks and beaches were chained and closed.

The left are freaking hypocrites.
They closed the oceans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.