Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 02:54 PM

2,512 posts, read 1,297,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Says some customers have canceled reservations unable to find a parking spot in the area. 71 spots lost when bike lanes put in.
He can buy a neighboring building, demolish it, and create a parking spot for his customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Same in Denver. Democrats LOVE bike lanes and “traffic calming” measures, because they LOVE discouraging the use of personal vehicles.

Some on this forum complain when I speak in absolutes like this, but it’s true. Urban leftist Democrats love this kind of stuff and they don’t care if it negatively impacts businesses.
One thing I've noticed is they love bike lanes but they HATE Ebikes using them. Ebikes are under a microscope to find ways to regulate them. I would have thought e-anything would be smiled upon but no. The only thing I can think of is Ebikes afford a little too much freedom and independence and defeat the purpose. 35 miles of effortless travel. Can't have that.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
He can buy a neighboring building, demolish it, and create a parking spot for his customers.
Dont be silly.

A bike lane down the middle of the street seems dangerous and not well thought out.

Also, it seems some people were parking illegally and people are counting that as parking spots being taken.

they are also going to redesign the street soon as well.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:16 PM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
He lost me too when I saw that. Not that I would ever go back into that crap city to eat.

OTOH, playing the race and Islam card is one of the necessary cards to play to get anywhere in that city.

He should have thrown in the LGBT and ableist cards for good measure.

That was my first thought. He did this to get the attention of local officials.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:18 PM

5,930 posts, read 2,758,827 times
I call these "Woke Roads".

Cities are spending tens of millions to REDUCE capacity, which increases CONGESTION, increase EMISSIONS.

And now Really Woke Cities, like NYC, are introducing CONGESTION PRICING / tolls to even enter the city.

Liberal Logic at work, folks!

#ClownWorld

Old 04-13-2024, 03:37 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Well, places like that DO need adequate parking spaces.

Cities are the way they are and built up all those cool storefronts and busy centers Because people can drive in and hang out , do what they gotta do, maybe have your family in tow, and drive home.

Bike utopias would be more apt for villages and small open towns to leisurely enjoy.

I feel like it is a chicken egg thing. You want this commerce and public center but then impeded the thing that made it work.

Old 04-13-2024, 04:29 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
He's a "greedy capitalist" anyway flush with cash in the bank...right ?

Old 04-13-2024, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I call these "Woke Roads".

Cities are spending tens of millions to REDUCE capacity, which increases CONGESTION, increase EMISSIONS.

And now Really Woke Cities, like NYC, are introducing CONGESTION PRICING / tolls to even enter the city.

Liberal Logic at work, folks!

#ClownWorld
I started a thread about Woke Roads a while back. Crazy what cities are doing - to Save the Climate N Stuff and to combat Systemic Racism, LOL

Mayor Pete told me that roads are racist...post examples of Woke roads vs. Racist Roads

Old 04-13-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
San Diego has been dealing with this issue for a few year now. Anti-car govt officials don't care about small businesses.
Yep, North Park businesses and residents were fuming when the city decided to eliminate parking along 30th street in particular.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:32 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
The urban businesses should relocate to nearby suburban strip malls just outside the city core where parking is plentiful. Leave the woke roads with empty storefronts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies