Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 03:27 AM

10,492 posts, read 4,061,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This is why the powers that be are doing everything in their power to suppress gold's rise. But they will not win. Many of them know that and are secretly stashing tons of it away for themselves, their families, etc. Plenty of banks around the world are buying it hand over fist.

Gold isn't a get rich quick scheme. It the equivalent of having a bomb shelter in your backyard in case of WW3. Or a secret island to scuttle off to in case the society collapses. Gold is a lifeline in case the currency suddenly becomes worth less than toilet paper.

The fact that some people feel the need to own gold, as insurance against systemic collapse, does tend to bother people who consider it their job to keep the system afloat.
But it won't take much for a corrupt government to turn around and make a law to seize all gold from the people. The so called greatest president in history signed an EO in 1933 making possession of gold by the citizens illegal. You don't think a future presidency won't do the same thing again? Especially if a war breaks out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 05:04 AM

8,389 posts, read 4,379,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

That is why I have a safe deposit box full of Siver Eagles, and no Gold bars.

Arn't safe deposit boxes in banks?

When civilization crashes, I don't think the banks will be open.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:07 AM

16,641 posts, read 8,643,686 times
I am a Costco member and didn't even know they sold gold. I wonder why someone would buy gold from them, as the price of gold is at market price, so what advantage would a member have to buy it from them instead of some other gold broker?

Old 04-30-2024, 05:57 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,347,454 times
Quote:
Try to buy a tank full of gas w/ a Gold bar...or a bag of groceries.

They'd give you back a bunch of worthless Dollars as change...a lot of change.

I prefer smaller denominations that are easier to spend...like Silver Eagles. Today's value for a Silver Eagle coin is ~$33.00

Just about right for gas and groceries.

That is why I have a safe deposit box full of Siver Eagles, and no Gold bars.
Better hope the FBI never raids the company where your box is like these people. They eventually got their things back anyone who had cash in the boxes never got the money back they kept it.

LAWSUITS ABOUT FBI WARRANTLESS SEARCH OF SAFE DEPOSIT BOXES ALLOWED TO PROCEED

If you have it at a bank like Wells Fargo look at the fine print agreement they can hand it over to law enforcement without a warrant.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:01 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,772,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
This is Bidenomics at work. Persistent inflation, massive federal deficits, destruction of the middle-class, fear and doubt, but everything is great, right?

Gold typically booms when people have lost faith in the economy and are expecting something bad to happen.
Welcome to the Jimmy Biden years of stagflation. High, persistent inflation, low growth, and lots and lots of people underemployed working multiple PT jobs, gig economy jobs to make ends meet.

#Bidenomics at work, folks.

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

8,082 posts, read 12,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Im gonna sell at the right moment. It will come down when dopey is gone.
I wouldn't count on that. Biden is just a symptom; our government right or left will just keep digging a deeper hole.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

25,842 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Arn't safe deposit boxes in banks?

When civilization crashes, I don't think the banks will be open.

Mine is 1 mile from home, & if things get dicey, I'll be there in 5 minutes.

I got this covered. Lots of non perishable foods, & ways to defend it all, with lots of like-minded neighbors.

I'm prepped to the hilt...are you?

Old Today, 04:45 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am a Costco member and didn't even know they sold gold. I wonder why someone would buy gold from them, as the price of gold is at market price, so what advantage would a member have to buy it from them instead of some other gold broker?
Lower premium over spot price than some dealers.

Old Today, 04:55 AM

4,242 posts, read 2,464,214 times
Gold is good, but silver is really where it's at. The most undervalued and neglected asset in the world. It is everything gold is, and much more.

Old Today, 11:09 AM

16,641 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Mine is 1 mile from home, & if things get dicey, I'll be there in 5 minutes.

I got this covered. Lots of non perishable foods, & ways to defend it all, with lots of like-minded neighbors.

I'm prepped to the hilt...are you?
If you can afford gold, you can afford a home safe (quality heavy safe, not the cheap rubbish). For that matter you can bury it in a secure container on your property where only your family knows where it is.
Banks can shutter in an instant, and there is no way you can be certain to catch wind of when "things get dicey" in time.
Then even if you do get it out, you still need the aforementioned to secure it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies