Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 09:51 AM

18,091 posts, read 27,542,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
^^^
You beat me to it. This is correct. Hamas started this bloodshed and they can stop it by releasing the hostages and surrendering.

The thread right here ^.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 12:05 PM

746 posts, read 497,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
West bank and Gaza, Fatah, and Hamas, overwhelmingly support murdering Jews. A huge majority have supported the most heinous specific terror attacks. They overwhelmingly do not support a two state solution, except as a stage to destroy Israel.

Hamas (and all Islamic terrorists) entire war strategy is based on Israel not wanting to kill civilians and willing to do anything to protect Israeli civilians. In short, Hamas views Israel's morality as its weakest attribute.

If you asked me several years ago, Israel and Palestinian, whom do you support? My answer would be, both. I wish they could live peacefully as neighbors. But now, You'd better believe I am on Israel side 100%.

Although I am a Christian, my support towards Israel has nothing to do with "God's chosen people". I think anybody, regardless of faith, should study the conflict and come up with their own conclusion. I think you can certainly criticize Israel and don't need to defend everything they do, but I really grow tired of people painting it as "bad Israel, Victim Palestine." It is a darn shame that even today the best place for an Arab to live freely and comfortable in the Middle East is.. in Israel.
Yeh, w/o a doubt.

As far as westerner pro-Palestinian support, it's on a spectrum. On one end, utter ignorance albeit well-intentioned. On the far end, agenda-driven bias against Israel and/or jews. Along the middle, various mixtures of the two along with just plain dumb.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:13 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,722,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Yeh, w/o a doubt.

As far as westerner pro-Palestinian support, it's on a spectrum. On one end, utter ignorance albeit well-intentioned. On the far end, agenda-driven bias against Israel and/or jews. Along the middle, various mixtures of the two along with just plain dumb.
Agree. Well said

Old 04-14-2024, 12:16 PM

2,718 posts, read 1,221,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Why are all the people calling for Israel to commit to a ceasefire also not calling for Hamas, who started this war, to commit to a ceasefire? The onus seems to be on Israel, who didn't start this conflict.
Yes Hamas did start it and I think they knew full well that Israel would reciprocate in full force without backing away. They knew Israel would not stop and Israel would take the blame for what they started. You hit Israel and she will pound you over and over to make sure it doesn't happen again at least not any time soon. They knew Israel would be accused of escalating what Hamas started. Senator Graham said it himself "do not escalate this." That is exactly what Hamas wanted.

Old 04-14-2024, 01:21 PM

746 posts, read 497,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Yes Hamas did start it and I think they knew full well that Israel would reciprocate in full force without backing away. They knew Israel would not stop and Israel would take the blame for what they started. You hit Israel and she will pound you over and over to make sure it doesn't happen again at least not any time soon. They knew Israel would be accused of escalating what Hamas started. Senator Graham said it himself "do not escalate this." That is exactly what Hamas wanted.
I heard it said that the Palestinians and Israelis are fighting 2 different wars in Gaza, and each winning theirs.

For Israel, security is what's paramount, and they're obviously dismantling Hama's capability to do this thing again. Hamas will never be able to pull another 10/07 from Gaza.

For the Palestinians, their main war aim is for themselves to be perceived as victims of Israel by a large chunk of the world at large. Ok, they've won that, congrats.

Old 04-14-2024, 03:05 PM

7,531 posts, read 5,783,551 times
This sums it all up: https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/d...14/id/1160951/

Giving Iran 26B funded this mess. You can't serve two masters. Obama is still running the whitehouse as evidenced by our support of terrorist nations.

Old 04-14-2024, 03:30 PM

9,052 posts, read 4,747,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This sums it all up: https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/d...14/id/1160951/

Giving Iran 26B funded this mess. You can't serve two masters. Obama is still running the whitehouse as evidenced by our support of terrorist nations.
The real number is substantially more than $26B.
That is just what is obvious on the surface.
The real number is closer to $50B.

Old 04-15-2024, 05:47 AM

24,777 posts, read 9,563,850 times
Quote:
Why are all the people calling for Israel to commit to a ceasefire also not calling for Hamas, who started this war, to commit to a ceasefire? The onus seems to be on Israel, who didn't start this conflict.
In military terms is called "proportionality." Whether reality or not, the perception from some is that Israel's response has become disproportional.
Quote:
US warns Israel against ground offensive into Rafah in draft UN resolution
https://www.ft.com/content/19c20550-...1-bfd97b56e439

The same thing happens when we get involved in war, the onus seems to be on us to stop or withdraw.

Old 04-15-2024, 09:00 AM

43,821 posts, read 44,597,341 times
It seems like that Israel is delaying its Rafah ground offensive while it decides how to respond to the Iranian attack.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1mrs2cer

Old 04-15-2024, 09:06 AM

9,052 posts, read 4,747,040 times
Quote:
The truth is, cease fire isn't really their goal.
Their goal is for Israel to cease to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
In military terms is called "proportionality." Whether reality or not, the perception from some is that Israel's response has become disproportional.
Proportional response. In the movie, "An American President" I recall one line that didn't sit well with me at the time, but now I get it, although maybe not from the angle Micheal Douglas intended.
Quote:
"Someday, someone's gonna have to explain to me the virtue of a proportional response"
Proportional response is a euphemism for "tit for tat."
It ensures a continuation of violence.

Quote:
The same thing happens when we get involved in war, the onus seems to be on us to stop or withdraw.
Modern warfare is a matter of production.

In every conflict, we win by out producing (military hardware and ammo) the enemy.
Or, we lose, by them out producing us, in the propaganda department.

That is how the Islamist forces intend to defeat Israel (and us): by pushing propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies